Default Do Graco Car Seat Extra Bases Expire Just Like the Seats?

I know infant car seats expire 5 years after their manufacturer date, but does the same go for extra bases as well? I have two Graco Snugride 22s I am planning on using for *my twin dds due in early June that each came with a base, but now I need to find two more extra bases, and really was hoping not to have to buy brand new ones. *I have a friend who I know well that has a base that is still in good condition and never been in an accident, but the manufacturer date was 070506. *Also I have a second friend same conditions that has one that was manufactured 012208. *So my question is can I or can't I still use these bases? *Thanks in advance for your help.

Karla

jjordan is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not all seats expire 5 years after manufacture. Graco seats typically expire at the end of December after they turn 6 years old. So if a seat is made in March of 2006, it will likely expire at the end of December 2012.

Extra bases do expire and will have an expiration date somewhere on them. The one you are mentioning that was made in July 2006 probably expires at the end of December 2012, and the one made in January 2008 likely expires at the end of December 2014.

(OP, I got your PM, I just worked super late last night, and this is exactly what I would have said )
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#