Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Itching!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

One more vote for going in to get the bloodwork done. It is a total pain that it is the weekend, but I'd go ahead and get it checked out. A friend developed this (at her baby shower of all times and places) and she ended up delivering early b/c of the severity. That is just to say, it does happen and better to know what is going on (rule it in or out). Hope you feel much better very soon!
    K

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks everyone for all the info. I took the medicine and fell asleep but have woken several times itching. I woke up at about 1 with the bottoms of my feet itching intensely. I took the medicine again just now, but I will call again tomorrow. I don't really feel the medicine took care of it so much, just made it a bit better and then made me tired so I was sleeping regardless. If they will let me get the bloodwork done tomorrow I will get it then.

going into L & D to be monitored and do the bloodwork. DH is going to stay with the kids so really hopint this doesn't take so long.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Good luck! I hope it's a short stay and they can figure out what the problem is. I totally get your anxiety. At my last appointment my dr said I'm not worried aout this baby one bit, I'm more worried about getting you through delivery and the week after without too much anxiety (I had complications pp with DS and am very nervous this time). Just try to relax. At least your 37 weeks, baby will be ok!

Praying for you!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my goodness! I now wish it had been just PUPs for you!
    Hope the bloodwork comes back ok!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Well, everything looked fine with monitoring, urine sample, etc. Contractions every 6-8 minutes but that has been normal. One liver enzyme was slightly elevated. (not enough to tell us anythng either way, but it does make me wonder....) I will go to my regular appointment on Monday and when they get the blood work back they will see if we need to deliver next week if it is cholestasis. They let me go about 1 so at least I didn't have to stay too long. Not much itching while I was there but it seems to have started back the last 20 minutes or so....

Thanks for all the tips. You guys are great!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast