Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If you could start all over again for baby gear, what would you get?

I'm set for my strollers and car seat.
    My bouncy seat, exersaucer, swing, jumperoo, bumbo, etc were all totaled in my flood. I'm not looking to buy anything right now, just wondering what you would have gotten if you were an experienced mom already when you bought all your equipment. I'm not looking to buy 1000 things that I don't use. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bare minimum for me would be:

For infant stage--bouncy seat and gymini for floor time, swing would be third choice
    I also like the FP rock and play sleeper bc its portable and babies seem to nap well in it.
    Crawling stage--exersaucer so you can keep them in one place when needed
    High chair

I never used a bumbo (prefer to wait until they can sit by themselves and not prop them up artificially) or a jumperoo.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would buy a cradle swing that has side to side motion. I had an older Graco (front to back) and both of my kids didn't love the swing.

My DS1 didn't like being reclined much so the bouncy chair wasn't used very often, but DS2 loved his fishy FP bouncy seat. DS1 went into his exersaucer earlier because he loved being upright... we wedged him in with receiving blankets to keep him more steady.

Bumbo seats and jumperoos didn't exist for us ... since I already had a saucer from DS1 we didn't consider buying a jumperoo for DS2. We did have the jumpy for the doorway and both boys enjoyed that for a while.

I would have loved to have had my hotsling pouch early on with DS1 and also an Ergo or something more comfortable/supportive than the Bjorn cause DS1 lived in that thing!!!!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Minimum would be an exersaucer and baby play gates. Ds1 hated the swing so I'd wait on that. Snap and go stroller. Good car seat. The kindermax chair and learning tower are all good items.

Neither really liked the baby seat. Also both boys were big fast so lots of items were only used a couple of months.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Tripp Trapps from the beginning.

Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat with UppaBaby Vista (we had this for DD but not for DS..we had Graco Snap N Go).

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oooh, fun

I'd get:

FP healthy care boosters (we used IKEA and while they worked great for us, the FP boosters take up even less room)
    BJCMD GT (not available when I bought our BJCMD; if it were it'd be our one and only)
    Nap nannies (we used reflux wedges - they don't look as comfy)
    Bouncy seat (we used and found essential)
    Exersaucer or jumparoo (we never had; would've been really nice to have)
    Carrier (we used Beco and found them to be essential)
    Baby monitor (another essential and I'd get the same one we use now: Sony Babycall)
    Cribs (I'd buy the same ones all over again - IKEA Gulliver)
    Carseat (I'd buy the same one all over again - Graco Snugride)
    Nursing pillow (essential)
    Playmat for tummy time (essential and we loved the IKEA one)

Things we had that I wouldn't buy again:
    Bumbo
    Boppy
    Walkers (gift from Grandma - waste of money IMO)
    A real high chair (we sold ours)

Exersaucer - loved the Tea for Me by evenflo, no lights!
    Floor gym - Tiny Love gymini
    Swing - got one after trying at a friends to confirm DD would like. Got the FP my lamb cradle

bouncy seat didn't get used much as she didn't like it too well
    MBF nursing pillow

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

I was pretty happy with what we had.

Wood baby gym from Ikea, I just put a blanket down under it
    Bouncy seat from CL, don't know the brand.
    Tripp trapp with baby rail

I would get a swing that plugs in as those suckers eat batteries like crazy. And I would get one that swings in both directions. I got one that did the cradle rock for free and then it died and I bought one off CL that only swung front to back and dd never did like it as much.

I never had a bumbo or a swing or an exersaucer (despite being offered a used one for free) or a pack n play and didn't miss any of them. Haven't used our monitor at all (our place is small though). (I have a neighbor who somehow has her iPhone set up to function as a baby monitor, btw.)

Love our ikea Gulliver crib with ikea mattress.

Never have had a changing table and don't regret that a bit. I do have the JJCole changing station/tote and that little thing is super handy. One of my neighbors saw mine and bought one to keep in her car.

We have an old iPod and dock with speakers with a 99 cent white noise download on it and it works great as a white noise machine.

Catherine

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My real problem is that among my kids, each of them liked different things. This is why we ended up with so much, I think. I didn't have much left from DD1 when DD2 was born, but DD2 liked the swing, hated the bouncer, and was in love with the jumperoo. DS loved the swing, loved the bouncer, hated the jumperoo, but loved the exersaucer. DD3 hated both the bouncer and the swing, but liked the bassinet and the rock n play, and hated both the exersaucer and jumperoo. She loved the jolly jumper though. What am I supposed to do with that?

Default Some love for Bumbo

FP Rock N Play
    tripp trapp
    gotta give some BUMBO love. lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast