Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    I just went through this, but I still probably don't have any advice you'll love to hear. It's hard. You will get through it. It is worth it to wait it out. That's the best I can offer.

I do wonder why they wouldn't be able to break your water if you were far enough dilated. I don't know of any studies that would rule that out as an option. Foley bulb catheter inductions are also done for VBACs if people aren't dilated enough to start with AROM. These are the things I discussed with my care providers as I started getting close to my C/S date. Of course I don't know the reason for your first C/S so I'm just talking hypothetical options here. Also I think it's awesome that you pushed for your C/S to be moved back to the 27th, but why won't they go further than that? You won't be 42 weeks until May 2nd. Some people just gestate their babies longer and you aren't truly overdue until 42 weeks.

As far as what to do in the meantime, the others have had good suggestions. I also tried to do something fun everyday that I probably wouldn't once the baby came, like go see a movie at the theater. But honestly there is no easy way to get through it. The weeks I went overdue were the hardest time of my pregnancy by far. But you will get through it. And it will be worth it. I know I said that already, but it's the truth.
    ITA with all of this. Is there any way to not start your maternity leave until you go into labor?
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sending you hugs!

Maybe think of this a gift from that new babe you're cooking. They want you to have a little vacation to rest up and invest in yourself before they arrive! A last minute bonus babymoon!!

I know the feeling of "losing" time once your maternity leave clock is ticking and baby isn't here yet. Plan some rare treats for yourself to make the time pass faster... a pedicure? meet some friends out for lunch that you couldn't do if you had work too?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    2 weeks past edd. . Gym, yoga, swimming, volunteered at ds1's school, movies, shopping, dinner out...basically just lived life and tried to ignore the calendar. I did a really great job with it with ds2 bc I figured I'd be late (I was).

Almost 2 week late with both kiddos here too. One came on her own, one was induced. Nothing I did made a bit of difference. Rest and do what you want. Enjoy the spring weather and the last few peaceful moments.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sex - and afterwards put your pelvis up so the semen prostaglandins can work.

Distraction. Time. It really really sucks, I'm sure. Get a massage or a pedicure if you can, something to treat yourself.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

No advice, but I am sending labor mojo for you. Good luck!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I'm less than 2 weeks from my due date and also a VBAC hopeful. I was late with my other 3 kiddos and just assume that I will be late with this one too. My last baby was a VBAC baby and she was a week overdue. I just tried to focus on the idea that the due date was just an estimate give or take a few weeks and really looked at 42 weeks as the end. To pass the time, I planned activities with the kids. I am currently having a babysitter here once a week when I have my appointments but I have her stay the whole day, so I meet a friend for lunch, get a pedicure, see a movie, go shopping, whatever I want. It's really nice and I look forward to that day to myself. I'm also trying to enjoy my time at night- even though I don't sleep well because I know soon enough that time won't be my own DH and I are going out for dinner this weekend since that won't happen for a while after the baby is born. I'm also having my cleaning lady do an extra hour or two when she comes to do some deep cleaning tasks that I really want done but am not comfortable enough to do myself. With my last kids, nothing I did (sex, walking, stripping membranes, EPO) worked to put me into labor- it didn't happen until my body was ready. This time around I'm not doing anything- it will happen on it's own. Good luck.
    Mama to 5 wild ones

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Labor mojo coming your way!!
    DD
    DS

I went a week late with #3, so I know the feeling of "hurry up!".
    I would also highly recommend sex (semen naturally softens and thins out the cervix just like being induced with Cervadil), with the big O if at all possible to cause contractions, & nipple stimulation (causes more contractions). It's worked twice for me to get baby to come out

Crossing my fingers for you!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sending you lots of mojo Babybear'smom! I saw you posted that they made you schedule a C and I ws kind of annoyed on your behalf because that it not good for your mojo or psyche!

I don't understand why they won't do AROM....I get the issue w/ pitocin but I've never heard AROM hs been shown to cause the type of issues they are trying to avoid w/ you as a VBAC candidate. Any way you could innocently ask them to direct you to the evidence on that one?

And just wanted to add to the other PPs that a ton can happen in 9 days....while many moms don't go into labor by due date, by 9 days post most moms will, so statistics are on your side! Come on baby girl!
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

sending lots of positive thoughts and labor vibes your way!!!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast