Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I can see why no AROM. If it doesn't start labor, then what? YOu're screwed if they won't used pitocin and the c-section clock is ticking. If she were 4-5cm, low...then it'd be a possibility otherwise, I understand the reasoning. Doesn't help OP though.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lots of labor vibes coming your way!!!

Yep, agreeing with Beth.
    With DS1 I was 7cm when I got to the hospital, but not in labor (no contractions). They broke my water, "to hurry things along"--their words. Did not produce any cntrx. Nearly 24 hours later they were talking C section, even though baby and I were fine...I was just taking too long. They allowed pit at that point, followed by an epidural a few hours later (see the cascade of interventions?), and hours after that baby was born all drugged up and stressed out.

I wish to this day that I had of just waited until my body was ready.

I know you have other circumstances with a VBAC and not being able to wait forever, but I definitely wouldn't have your water broken!

And 9 days is a long time really. I'll bet things happen by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

how are you today, babybearsmom?

----------------------------------------------------------------

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sending labor vibes!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    how are you today, babybearsmom?
    Alas, I woke up this AM feeling fine and very pregnant.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Thanks for all the support everyone. They say no AROM or intervention because my body isn't ready for labor and it is unlikely to work. I'm 1.5 cm and 80% effaced so it would take me a long time to get to 10 and without the option of pit, if things don't start moving they will have to go straight to a C. I'm trying to be patient. I booked a prenatal massage for this afternoon abeam trying to view this time as a prebaby vacation. I'm going in tomorrow for a non-stress test. My OB's office is a top VBAC office in my metro area and I'm just hoping for a little good luck.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was a week late with DD1 and I know how painful that wait is.

DD2 came a week early. I am convinced that it was because I went to a chiro who specializes in prenatal (you can look for one who practices the Webster technique). She didn't do any adjustments really but did massage on all of the liagaments around my pelvis. She couldn't believe how tight I was. I had 2 of those "massages" (in quotes b/c it was painful, not relaxing) and DD2 came a week early (and caught me off guard!). It was also a really fast labor as compared to DD1.

My theory is that labor with DD1 was so long (and she was late) because my pelvis had a hard time opening up enough for her to drop. I was having a ton of contractions but they were not productive.

Good luck and sending lots of labor vibes your way!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

No advice, just commiseration! My DS was almost 2 weeks late. I was hoping for a vbac. DD was a planned section which I was devastated about. After all the waiting the second time, I started thinking maybe a planned section isn't all bad! Hang in there! Keep us updated!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hoping things get moving for you soon - with DS2 (VBAC after scheduled C for breech with DS1), I went into labor at 40w4d, after being maybe 1 cm and 50% effaced 2 days before. I was in labor about 24 hours total, and stalled out at 5 cm after getting the epidural but the OB was fine with low dose pit and also let me labor down for 3 hours after getting to 10 cm.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast