Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default CDs beyond pre-folds?

so far for the past 2+ years in terms of CDing i have only been using prefolds (GMD) plus covers (Bummis mostly). mostly bc of the cost...they are just so cheap. i am used to having 4-5 pieces (snappi, liner, prefold, doubler (for naps only), cover)..it's not a big deal.

though i'd love to try a few one size pockets like FUzzibunz. When we go out to eat or on a playdate we use disposble diapers because the prefolds are just sooo huge and bulky to fit most pants over. It would be nice if we could use cloth dipes when we go out, at least some of the time. DS almost never poops outside the house anyway so it woudln't be too big of a deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Fuzzibunz-Diap...5357094&sr=8-3

so, with say, the Fuzzibunz one size above...is it a lot less bulkier than prefolds? Could I wash them with my other prefolds diapers? (i do 2 rinses, hot water wash, then 2 rinses). I like fuzzibunz one above bc of the snaps...i haaate how velcro snags on stuff and pills things in the wash (even if you're careful), and now both of my DC are capable of taking velcro diaper off...so i like snap covers more than velcro covers.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-25-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Much more trim! All pockets with a single daytime insert will be about 50% trimmer than a prefold and cover.

And yes, you can wash ALL cloth diaper types together and dry together! (including fitteds if that ever interested you).

ETA: just make sure you don't machine dry on hottest setting all the time or it will wear out the laminate waterproofing. Med. heat or hang dry the outer part. I always heat dry for convenience though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daisymommy; 04-25-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks Daisymommy! i just ordered a couple of the fuzzibunz from amazon...they were only $17 and i got them for free with my discover card points! can't wait to try them out! if i like them i will definitely get a couple more...would love to cut down on the number of sposies we use. RIght now we use sposies at night (whihc will we will probably continue to do) and then whenever we go out (3-4x a week), and whenever the sitter is here (2 mornings a week). DOesn't sound like a lot, but with 2 kids, it adds up.

and yeah i guess i'll just hang dry the outer part (i do that with my covers anyway) since i nornally dry the prefolds on high.
    eta: also, i am hoping these dipes help give DS more of a butt so his pants don't keep falling down! with a sposie on and any type of shorts (especially knits), his pants are always literally falling down! he's tall but so skinny so i can't buy smaller sizes. hoping this can help solve that issue..with prefolds they were just waay to big for a lot of types of pants.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-25-2012 at 03:23 PM.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hope you like them! We've had great luck with Fuzzibunz and the snap closure has held up really well. It's also a little trickier for curious little fingers to un-do.

DS is also on the skinny side and the pants sliding down thing is one of the many reasons I like cloth. FB give him just enough tush that things stay up without being too bulky for under jeans and other fitted pants.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I loved pockets with DS! We had Bumgenius 3.0 and Happy Hainy's pockets. We had a few AIO's but mostly used one-sized pockets since it's the second cheapest option after prefolds. Fuzzibuns didn't work for DS (leaked at his thighs), but do for other kids, I guess it depends on body type.

For DD I'm getting a bunch of different ones, since there's more stuff available now than 4 years ago. I'm really liking the Swaddlebees simplex AIO and the Bluberry AIO, you can put extra inserts in.

If you want to try other brands, you could do a trial program. I did it with Jillian's Drawers but I know there's others and some allow you to customize more, so you could get only pockets and AIO's to try.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not my favorite diaper, but yes Fuzzi Bunz are about the trimmest diaper on the market. I have the one size too. Getting the leg hole settings right can be a hassle at first, but once you get it they are okay. Not a huge fan of the snaps with a wiggly toddler but they work.

My favorite trim diapers are Tots Bots Easy Fit diapers I LOVE them, but they are $24 a pop, and we are done having kids so I compromised with a collection of FBs I already had from DD1, Bum Genius 3.0 AIO sized diapers (DD2 is in a large, only size we've ever tried) that I bought off of the FSOT site on diaperswappers.com for $8 a piece, a few new BG 4.0s I bought on clearance from Cotton Babies and they could easily be my entire daycare collection as they are a tad taller than the 3.0s if I didn't have to stuff them). Some new Tots Bots diapers are suppose to becoming out soon so you might be able to find them on sale.

With all of that said I still reailly love my prefolds and Flip brand covers.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've also heard the Tot Bots are very trim. And also the Bumware Extreme AIO. Haven't tried them yet, though.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

I love the totbot we purchased, trim and CUTE! but yes at $24 vs. $10-12 for lightly used FB or Bum Genuises around here, I had to stop at 1.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

I guess it all depends what do you like (fabric, price, washing).
    I started with prefolds, didn’t like them (touch wet cloth). Then we moved to Fuzzi Bunz. I bought used first time around just to try, then bought from e-bay. I had mostly old style FB (pointy tubs) and I liked them better for some reason. Both my kids were in FB. I didn’t mind stuffing them at once and then use them as disposable. Even my DH got used to. I had several BumGenious and I didn’t like velcro, didn’t like the feeling of the fabric, but I heard they changed that. We used disposable only for night time (didn’t want to investigate buying expensive wool covers). My 1st on PT at 27 months (after international trip) and 2nd at 23 months... Still working on night time.

Pockets and AIOs are so much nicer for going out! You don't have to worry about misplacing or getting a Snappi stuck to something, or wondering what to do with your wet/dirty prefold but still using your cover.

However, in terms of pockets, I prefer BG to FB. The FB has such a LOW rise on my tall DD and she leaked everytime. Out the top, in the legs, everywhere. Then she started leaking out the BGs too and I realized she was probably ready to be PT'd, which she was. My favorite diaper is the BumGenius Freetime AIO. Oh well, for free, you can't go wrong!
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast