Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Woah!
    Goldenpig, you have really found some perfect examples! However, any of those outfits on a cute 19 year old with the right accessories and I bet that I wouldn't bat an eye. In fact, I might even think that they were cute!

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    Ha, me too!

That doesn't surprise me--there's a lot of stuff at Anthro that looks pretty dowdy to me...lots of grandma sweaters! You have to tread carefully there! Some of the latest examples of Anthro granny chic:
    love your examples.

my mom has a keener sense of fashion than me, and so I often times find myself double-checking some of my iffy purchases w/ her.

mjmamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Goldenpig...Sundance?? Noooo!!! It's so boho to me...I covet so much of it but never want to spend $ on it. Damn
    SAHM Mamma to 4

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I don't think it's an offensive thread. I would want to know if I was wearing older trending clothes!
    I agree. I am almost 43 and with a 5 year old, I do struggle to look like a younger mother. I will say that one of the bonuses of having only one child, and having her late in life after I had a lot of long years making very good money, is that I can spend what I want on clothes now. Which means I don't throw money away necessarily, but if I want a +$100 pair of jeans or top, I can make that choice. Still though, I want to look younger. Honestly, at 43, I feel younger than I have since my mid 30s.

That being said - when I told my husband two Christmas seasons back that i would love some new clothes for Christmas, he got me something like 6 pieces from Orvis Women's. (he gets a lot of his clothes from Orvis Men's). It was laughable. My little sister (7 years younger and not married and no children) was literally spitting coffee in bursts of laughter as I was opening up these packages. They all went back. Now he shops at Boden and only Boden for me, and I take a sharpie to every catelogue to show him what I like and what sizes might work.

Talbots had lots of great things 2 summers ago, trending very young, almost J.Crew-ish. But I have found the last 2 years to really have gone to an older or more frumpy look. Not trying to offend someone, but since I am almost 43 I really can see the difference.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    The Alfred Dunner brand screams old lady to me.
    I call Alfred Dunner Garanimals for Grownups.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got a Lands End summer catalog (not the Canvas line) full of cute sundresses and wedge sandals. They are all very classic looking (think J Crew) but also youthful and fun.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    I call Alfred Dunner Garanimals for Grownups.
    Is it any better that I'm wearing my Alfred Dunner pants with a LE top? 8-)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8