Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Oh, and for shoes, I'll say Rockport & Naturalizer (and I'm sure there are a lot more that I can't think of right now).
    OMG ! Yes! My mom has bought all her shoes at these two stores for yeaaaarsss! And she always tells me how comfortable they are and wants me to try them. I keep telling her I only buy shoes that are comfy AND stylish. What's funny is that my mom looks really young, and dresses pretty stylish (on most days), but her taste in shoes.... Oh, and she recently started shopping at Talbots, though she still avoid most of the others mentioned, so I think she's officially an older woman now.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Alfred Dunner brand screams old lady to me.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    The Alfred Dunner brand screams old lady to me.
    Not to mention Koret!!!

Lands end, Talbots, Chicos, j Jill, coldwater creek, brooks brothers, Eileen fisher, st John

In misses, yes, Kohls, JCP and Sears are old lady city. Oh and Kmart:/

Phew!
    I just had to read this thread to make sure that I wasn't shopping at any of these stores. I am not. Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by tarnator View Post
    Phew!
    I just had to read this thread to make sure that I wasn't shopping at any of these stores. I am not. Thank goodness!
    Oh, but I do. I have a bunch of LE tshirts (and I think some of the dresses in their latest catalog are cute). And I have various jackets and sweaters from Talbots as well as the aforementioned jeans from Chico's and a couple of sweaters from JJill. . . .

AND I have a Pendleton blazer (though perhaps that is excused as it is older than I am and therefore vintage?). AND I have a silk tunic from Travelsmith. I think both of those trend older too.

Oh well, I am 42. Maybe I am just dressing my age.

Catherine

Catherine

Phew!
    Oh, but I do.
    Me too.

I agree with all the previously mentioned stores, and do shop at them, plowing through the majority of their catalog for a keeper here or there. (Minus Alfred Dunner/Koret which takes 'mature shopper' to a whole new level ) My closet is full of talbots. Part of the issue is sizing...I'm petite and well endowed and do best with well made, structured, fitted styles, petite size pants and until it recently closed Talbots was the only game in our town for petite sizing. And I worked in a biz casual env for years, so it was just ....easy. Having Nordstrom's offer free ship/returns has opened up a whole new world of fashion possibilities for me...

Sidenote - it's interesting about talbots - they tried to change their image a few years ago, and failed in bringing in new (younger) customers, and at the same time managed to alienate their loyal followers. Trendy tshirt next to snowflake sweater did not compute for either demographic. I was reading recently that they lost 90% of their value in 10 years. 90%! Sad for such an iconic store...
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You guys nailed it - Chico's, Talbot's, Coldwater Creek definitely top the list!

for Sandy Hook

A lot of LL Bean's stuff screams old lady too.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast