Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Chairs

This weekend we will go chair shopping. We will have DS1 try out
    1. Trip Trap
    2. Kekaroo
    3. Two chairs from Ikea.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So what did you decide on?

Default high chair

I did have time to check out the high chairs.
    I recently came to know about Inglesina Fast Chair.
    We eat out all the time and I think it will make a great intermediate chair.
    DS2 is only 16 lbs and this chair can take babies weighing 37 lbs.
    We will probably buy this chair and see how much we like it for daily use.
    If DS2 does not like we will only use it for travel and pick up either Trip Trap or Kekaroo.

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme View Post
    I did have time to check out the high chairs.
    I recently came to know about Inglesina Fast Chair.
    We eat out all the time and I think it will make a great intermediate chair.
    DS2 is only 16 lbs and this chair can take babies weighing 37 lbs.
    We will probably buy this chair and see how much we like it for daily use.
    If DS2 does not like we will only use it for travel and pick up either Trip Trap or Kekaroo.
    We have the Fast chair and LOVE it! We are using it with our 15-pound six-month-old (started around 12 lbs/4ish months--the chair supported him enough that he could use it before he could sit independently). We do also have a Tripp Trapp but decided not to get the baby set after hearing very mixed reviews, so we're waiting till he's a little older to move him into it with just the harness. The Fast chair also great for restaurants because you can fit it where a highchair doesn't always fit.

The only caveat is that you should make sure your table is nice and solid. It works beautifully with our dining room table (which is where we eat most meals) since it's solid wood, but our kitchen table is a very lightweight folding table, and it is too light to hold the chair securely. (It attaches fine and we used it in the first month or so there, but once DS was heavier and more mobile, I wasn't comfortable with it.) I do think it is very well designed compared to some of the other clip-on chairs, though, and so easy to wash, etc.! We are big fans.

Default Fast Chair

Thanks Teo

We eat most of our meals on our kitchen nook table that is solid walnut wood.
    So I think Fast Chair will work well.

Does it leave any marks on the table? I will hate to ruin the table so I was considering using a thin table cloth under the clamps.

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Does it leave any marks on the table? I will hate to ruin the table so I was considering using a thin table cloth under the clamps.
    It hasn't been an issue for either of ours (one is beech veneer and the other is Douglas fir, both soft materials) but we've only been using it a few months with a light child.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks Teo

We eat most of our meals on our kitchen nook table that is solid walnut wood.
    So I think Fast Chair will work well.

PLEASE please be careful using any of these clamp chairs with table cloths. We have a Phil & Teds Metoo chair, and used it with a table cloth to protect the table (despite it saying not to in the manual). DS1 was more wiggly than normal one day, and suddenly he was dangling from one clamp! And we had it very secure. There is a reason they say not to use it with table cloths, and I have no idea why I chose to ignore it when I am a stickler for everything else safety related!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have 2 tripp traps and DSs both still use them for every meal. They are great. I think we started using it for DS2 when he was about 2.5 and used the straps.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I thought the Keekaroo felt cheap. I would look for a Trip Trapp on Craigslist.
    I looked at them side by side and really didn't think the Keekaro felt cheap. The Tripp Trapp with the baby set and the tray would have cost $350 and I managed to find the Keekaro with tray and infant insert for $150 after a coupon and some rewards. The Tripp Trapp does come in a greater variety of colors and might be a bit better quality, but I didn't think it was worth an additional $200. We just got ours yesterday so only time will tell, but it definitely looks nicer in my kitchen than the big plastic FP chair I had with DD!

OP, I am planning to buy an Inglesina Fast as well, since we will be traveling a lot this summer. I looked at it at BBB and it seems really nice. I particularly like that it folds into an attached carrying bag.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a Kinderzeat for DS1 and Trip Trapp for DS2 and LOVE LOVE LOVE both! I bought them with the intention of keeping them long term and having them transition from kitchen table to a seat for their desks one day. That hasn't happened yet and they both love their seats!
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast