Default Need basic monitor

Our nanny is going to be bringing her baby this summer while watching my new kids. I'd like to get a basic monitor for her to use so she doesn't have to bring things back and forth. Any recommendations?

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a Sony Babycall (actually 2 - one in each kids room on different channels). They have a decent range, long battery life and our original one is still going strong after 4 years.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    We have a Sony Babycall (actually 2 - one in each kids room on different channels). They have a decent range, long battery life and our original one is still going strong after 4 years.
    That's what we use too. It works well, although ours often randomly makes electric sounding beeps when someone walks near the receiver (and it happens on multiple channels). Still, no real complaints, I'd probably get this one again if I was re-buying.
    Lizi

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We also have a Sony Baby Call monitor. The one we had from our daughter (she's 4 now) was working great, except for the occasional random beeping (not a problem unless you are sleeping next to it!!!) I bought a second one because I thought our first one was going bad, even though it still works. Well, the second one does the same thing. Oh well. No other complaints, and it is fine for daytime use because the beeping would only bother you if you were sleeping. And, come to think of it, I think it does only beep if I'm touching it.... I turn it down when I leave the room so that DD and DH don't have to hear me in the other room and hear DS crying.

Sony baby call
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12