acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Baby gift for twins?

My closest friend is expecting twin girls in early June. She already has a little girl and I gave her a lot of our old baby and girl items like clothes, bouncer, high chair, etc. so she is pretty set with gear and clothes.

Now I am trying to think of a nice baby gift to send when they arrive. For you moms of twins, what might be a good gift?

I am not a mom of twins, but a Sophie the Giraffe might be nice. They sell a 2 pack through Amazon. It is kind of a luxury item for a parent to buy, but super cute and the kiddos seem to love it.
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodlims View Post
    I am not a mom of twins, but a Sophie the Giraffe might be nice. They sell a 2 pack through Amazon. It is kind of a luxury item for a parent to buy, but super cute and the kiddos seem to love it.
    That's a great idea - thanks!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If it's in your budget, a photo session (or maybe just the sitting fee and a couple of prints) for professional family pics, and offer to go as an extra set of hands. I wish someone had thought to give us that, because I certainly didn't think to do it and once the twins were born it was the very last thing on my mind. I'm sad that we don't have professional pics of them as newborns. Come to think of it, we don't have professional pics, PERIOD! Need to rectify that.

Anyway, I think any twin mom would love this, and it comes with the added benefit of getting out of the house with a good friend which is really priceless!

If you happen to already know the names then something personalized would be nice. I love having anything with my kids names on it as they are hard to find. If you don't know the names than maybe something you can take back and have the names added or initials put on after they are born.

Extra diapers, wipes and stuff like this. You don't realize how much twice of something means you are out of it a whole lot later. when my cousin had a small get together for us prior to our twins being born they did a diapers and wipes party. After all we had two other kids and although we didn't know what we were having we were pretty set with the baby basics. Diapers were great. I remarked to DH that we were set for a few months. Wrong! We were set for a few weeks only!

A double nursing pillow. I LOVE mine and it has been a godsend. I don't know how I ever did without it. After our surprise baby last year I kept using the dbl nursing pillow and it was great for my singleton as well. Best thing I received.

when my friend had her twin boys, she knew she was having boys and she already had one boy so she was pretty set on things. I did for her shower a "doubles" gift. 2 of everything: two pacifiers, two sock sets, two cute matching outfits, two summer hats, two 2st birthday bibs, 2 glove and hat sets, two infant shoes, two bottles, etc.. you get the picture. I had plenty of time and was able to get some great deals on sale during the year so it was a large gift that I didn't spend too much on and throughout the year she pulled what she needed and matching sets. just an idea

Congratulate your friend on her upcoming arrivals. twins are a lot of work, especially in the beginning. But is does get easier and more fun as they grow older.

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and baby 7/11