Thread: Opinion needed

Default Opinion needed

We are wanting to move our 34 month girl out of pull ups and into training pants. Sometimes she uses the potty, sometimes not. I think the issue is that she doesn't feel uncomfortable enough to stop want she's doing to use potty. The question is this--- I've done some research on waterproof training pants and reviews are either they leak/don't fit well or high cost. I have come across some custom fit (etsy seller will make them to her exact measurements) pants that sound perfect but are $14/pair. Guarentees no pee thrus, etc. Can afford it but that's a lot for undies! However DD is consistently 10th percentile on weight/height (is 26lbs with a tiny belly & bottom), so I'm worried that the non custom pants won't fit right and would just be a waste of money.

So-- get the sure expensive option or hope for the best on cheap gerbers? Normally I'm ok with stuff not fitting just right but I really don't want to clean up pee if I don't have to!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Honestly, I would just go cold turkey. We never did the Pull Ups (not recommended at their preschool) and just went straight to underwear. Ds2 took about 6 days to really get it and not have accidents. He honestly didn't care if he had accidents the first 5.5 days then, all of a sudden, it's like a switch went and it all clicked! Never looked back! We just used Gerber training underwear b/c it is cheap but just enough more absorbent than regular undies to reduce mess.