Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Goodness, I've been watching videos on Frogmama and now I want both a Pikkolo and a Mei Tei! I like the idea of the Mei Tei being so light and easy to pack, but that's true about having to tie/untie at WDW. Decisions, decisions! Thanks for the info
    Mom to DS 7/2004
    and DD 3/2012

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by June Mommy2 View Post
    I was considering a Beco Gemini...does it come with an infant insert? Compared to the Pikkolo and Mei Tei, which do you think would be most functional overall?
    The Gemini doesn't have an insert, but its body can be shortened pretty easily to accommodate a newborn. It's kind of like what would happen if the Bjorn and the Ergo had offspring - easy to use (buckles), FFI, FFO, hip & back carry options, can be used from birth, padded shoulder straps, built-in waist support belt - and could probably serve as a good "gateway" carrier.

A Pikkolo with waist belt would be comparable, but the body is wider at the base.

The Mei Tei can be intimidating if you're worried about tying it correctly, but there are some great tutorials out there and fabulous brands. Frankly, I'm in love with the prints from BabyHawk, but there are a ton of other great ones to try. Also, DHs can really feel strongly about it - mine vetoed a mei tei (which was on my shortlist of carriers to register for) because it scared him, which is funny because I also have a wrap and he had no problem with that.

Anyway, whatever you decide, happy babywearing!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2