Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper

Is it as great as the reviews say? Does anyone know the differences in the deluxe model v. the cheaper ones? WILL DS SLEEP IN IT?

I'm getting desperate and willing to invest in yet another sleeping solution. We're having a lot of reflux (big shock) and DS seems to spit up every time I lay him down. He's also grunting and fussing a LOT everytime we try to lay him down at night. I've tried propping up the co-sleeper or the crib mattress. Not really helping. He seems to sleep better in the nap nanny but I don't think I'm comfortable doing that overnight. DH is ready to put him in his crib in his room so we can actually sleep, but I want him close to me. Co-sleeping isn't an option....our bed is super soft, DH is very heavy sleeper and 6'4" in our queen size bed....not safe IMO.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No personal experience, but my sister and BFF both loved theirs. Wondering if I should go ahead and get one for DD, but I think I'll wait and see how she does in the bassinett.

ETA: This is the one they had: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-N.../dp/B002M77N22
    Last edited by BDKmom; 05-08-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I haven't tried the rock n play, b/c when I looked into it I was concerned with all of the reviews that mentioned flat head issues (but I know lots of gals here love it and have had no problems with it). I did want to ask though if you've tried a cradle swing (side to side) yet? DS had *bad* reflux and was a terrible sleeper and when he was about 2 wks old I got a FP Snugabunny swing on Amazon with next day shipping b/c I was sooooo desperate. It was a LIFESAVER - seriously, a lifesaver!!! He started sleeping in it pretty consistently day and night, although I also co-slept with him (out of desperation) at night sometimes too. He became a great napper in it - 2-3 hours at a time - ahhhhh. In fact, he only recently gave up the swing for daytime naps (he's 11 months) and honestly, even though I worried in advance about the transition, when he was ready he was ready and it went pretty smoothly. I seriously cannot recommend this enough! and GL!
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have one and DS2 slept in it in our room up until a week ago. It was great. I'm not sure why flat head issues would be any worse with the rock and play than any other item.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OMGoodness this thing was a lifesaver for us. DD has reflux and could not lie flat at all. She occasionally slept all night in this, and took many, many naps in it. We took it with us when we travelled. She hung out in there A LOT. We could not have done without it.

ETA: The original yellow one is the one we had. it had just come out, so that was the only one available. I didn't know that they now made padded ones. We didn't have flat head issues (although DD was turned a lot during her 8 weeks in the NICU so that probably helped too).
    Last edited by TwoBees; 05-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't get the original one. Get one of the newer padded ones. We had flat head trouble too, and I don't consider myself a negligent mother. DD3 did sleep in it though. I thinking to upgrade mine this time. I'm not using my old one.

Like previous poster I have the original yellow one and we love it. When we bought it I think it was only about $40 so the price was great. My DS would never sleep in his pack n play next to me but he would sleep in this for good stretches between feedings. We put him in the woombie and it was a great combo, very excited to see that woombie now makes versions with legs so it will be much easier to strap in. No issues at all with flat head. DS didn't have reflux issues but there were times he had a cold or just stuffy nose issues and this was amazing, he transitioned to his crib in his room at 5 mos but we still used this a few times after that when he was sick. Great for travel.

Love ours. DD2 naps in it everyday. When she starts to fuss it makes it rock and that soothes her back to sleep.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love it. My DS is just under two weeks old and has become a pretty good sleeper and napper in this. We had two nights in the co-sleeper and he didn't sleep very well, but since we moved to this at night he's been very happy.

DD2 doesn't really care for it. It's worth a shot but pretty similar to the nap nanny except that it can rock a little.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast