Default onbuhimo question

hi everyone
    lately I've been trying out my onbuhimo with my 18-pound daughter. it's great while she's awake, but seems to lack head support while she's asleep. the model i have is made by bundle with love http://bundlewithlove.com/organic_onbohim_22.html . as you can see it's unpadded and it doesn't have a sleeping hood. is there anything i can do besides consider buying a different carrier?

I went through this when DS liked falling asleep on my back in wraps. Over at thebabywearer.com I found a thread with different solutions. The one I liked best was to wear a lightweight scarf, and tie it over one shoulder and under the other to support baby's head after he fell asleep. It would have to be something with a bit of grip, like a cotton crinkly scarf or a really light pashmina. My silk scarves were too slippery. Since you're working with an onbu, if you have a helper you could also try passing a scarf under both straps and over baby's head.

The other option is to tie the baby higher so their head slumps towards your shoulder/neck rather than falling straight backwards!

Also, Freehand makes a universal hood attachment. No idea how it would work with wrap-style straps but it might do the trick.