Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need a Double Stroller Recommendation for Our Friends

So our friends currently have a toddler who will be just a little over 2 when their second child arrives in October. They are completely ignorant about strollers. They are in the market for a double and I don't know a whole lot about doubles. The mom told me that she plans to use the stroller for neighborhood walks and errands with the new baby while big brother will be in preschool. However, they will obviously need a double for situations when they have both kiddos on hand.

It sounds to me that a stroller that converts from a single to a double maybe would suit their needs best?? I know that Britax B Ready is really popular on these boards. Is that what I should recommend to them?? I should also mention that they hate their current stroller, which is why I don't think the mom is excited about using it as a single with the new baby. Any advice??

I think they (the dad!!!!!) are pretty budget conscious, as he is just starting a real job after finishing a post-doc, so if it's something they could also possibly find on Craigslist, I think it would be a plus for him, though I am sure the mom could probably convince him to buy it new since he adores her so much

I have a b-ready for my 2yo and 1mo and love it. I use it as a single and a double. It's a little big for a single but great as a double.

The reversible seat-great for baby bonding and live that the girls can look at each other when they are both riding
    It isn't too wide because I mostly use it inside
    Nice push plus the 2012 has air tires
    Fold is easy and compact for a double
    Easy to change out seats - I disassemble it when I am by myself when I put it in my car so I'm not straining myself
    Bottom seat lays nearly flat for baby
    Huge basket even when DD1 is sitting down there

Dislikes
    I have the 2011 and I'm annoyed that I missed out on the air tires (I will be buying them separately)
    Big foot print for a single
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I LOVE my B-ready too and it's awesome for walks. The basket, canopy and push (I have new tires) are AWESOME.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Thank you ladies! Can you tell me which of the configurations here:

http://www.mommasgonecity.com/wp-con...ions-hires.jpg

you like the most for a toddler and an infant? how about for two toddlers?

I use the main seat and the second seat with the main seat in both directions (bottom row, 2nd and 3rd configuration)
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I use the main seat and the second seat with the main seat in both directions (bottom row, 2nd and 3rd configuration)
    do both seats fully recline?? in other words, can they use it without the bassinet/car seat? As an aside, I used my Indie from birth without bassinet/car seat even though we also own the Indie bassinet. If the seat reclines flat...then it felt almost tautological to also use the bassinet. Though, since DS was a late fall baby, he was always snuggled into a Bundle me, so he looked super comfy without the bassinet. But anyway....just wanted to see if they would also need the bassinet if they don't want to use the infant car seat with the stroller.

ckelly is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The bottom has a newborn recline. The top doesn't fully recline but I used it occasdionally with my baby when the toddler refused to sit up top (shes loved the bottom). I used a snuzzler and was comfortable doing so but it is not recommended by Britax. I'be had it a year and it has been perfect for us (now 4 and 1). It is my car stroller and I use it almost daily.

What is their single stroller situation? I had a B-Ready but sold it because as a single, I would always just take the BOB and wear my baby, which rendered it useless in singles mode. I ended up getting a used Bumbleride Indie Twin for neighborhood walks (honestly not used much), since I only use an umbrella for the car/indoors. The B-Ready sounds like a good option if she doesn't like her single stroller.
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

Their single is some sort of a Graco I think, so I think she most definitely wants something nicer. It's a funny story. Apparently the husband bought their stroller off of Craigslist when she was at the hospital for $150. They are Israeli and Israelis are pretty superstitious when it comes to buying baby gear before the baby is born. I think she is more laid back with this baby though, because she got all excited when I told her that we should head on over to Buy Buy Baby together to play with strollers.

Maybe look at a Mountain Buggy plus one?

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast