Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UPDATE:how do you choose stroller colors?

Update: i'm now looking at my green and gray BJCM. it is so pretty and i love the colors. thanks to those who said to go for the color i loved. i can't wait to take it for a spin

this is sort of a silly question
    i think i've decided to get a BJCM 2011. of course i can get the super cheap ones from albeebaby.com that are mostly black with either blue or fuschia accents. i was planning on the blue (to be more gender neutral), but then i see the green/gray one. it would be about $30 more, but i love that color combo. i am worried about it showing dirt though. does anyone have this color? i might go for it if i could keep it pretty clean. also, we live in a pretty hot climate, so i think it would be cooler in the summer.

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...reen-gray.html
    that is the green/gray one

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...lack-blue.html
    that is the blue/black one

any help appreciated!!
    Last edited by ehmom; 05-23-2012 at 10:23 PM.

If you love the grey/green, get that one! It is totally worth it to get the color you really love and BJ's fabrics wash up really well so I wouldn't worry about dirt.

Plus FWIW the blue isn't that gender neutral. I mean, if you buy into the whole boy colors and girl colors thing, it's a very boy blue, as one of the Albee reviewers complains. More so than it looks in the pic.

moll73 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have both colors (I was supposed to sell the green one, but never got around to it). While green is my favorite color, I actually prefer the blue one (and yes it's bright blue, but not obnoxious IMO) b/c it's different then all the other ones I see around town. I haven't had any problem with either of them getting dirty, but certainly use the green one less. I agree, go with the one you like the best for $30!

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I almost always go with black. The black always matches whatever outfit the baby has on. Black also acts as a photographers back drop and shows off baby more than the stroller. But my # 1 reason for picking black is that if my strollers are all the same color, it confuses those who are not stroller enthusiasts into thinking that I have less strollers than I actually do have!

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    but my # 1 reason for picking black is that if my strollers are all the same color, it confuses those who are not stroller enthusiasts into thinking that i have less strollers than i actually do have!

OP: there are no silly questions when it comes to strollers! FWIW, I had a red BJCMD and it was so easy to find at amusement parks!

I have the green/gray BJCM and I love the color. Perhaps it's not the most unique color out there, but if you love green like I do, it's the way to go. I've used it heavily for over a year (we walk 1-2 miles several times a week) and I have only 1 blackish smudge toward the bottom of the stroller near the front wheel. However, just yesterday I got some suncreen on it. But I'm not concerned about little smudges here and there. I haven't tried to remove the fabric to clean it, but I hear it washes well.
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    But my # 1 reason for picking black is that if my strollers are all the same color, it confuses those who are not stroller enthusiasts into thinking that I have less strollers than I actually do have!
    Oh that is great!
    I love "stroller enthusiast" line, that is so cool - rather than "strollerholic " or "addicted to strollers' - I just have a little passion that I want to feed, and I enjoy and appreciate all nice strollers out there

To OP: go with the color YOU like the most - because you will be pushing this stroller and looking at it all the time. Color should make you smile, or at least glad (that you picked it over some other color).
    I also tend to like black strollers now - I can liven them up with colorful accessories - seat liners, stroller bunting bags etc.

i think i'm going with the green one. i really like green and i've never had a green stroller. this is our fourth baby and (most likely) the last....so i now is the time

I have a green BJCE and LOVE it. It's green and white and I spilled root beer on the canopy within 2 days of opening it (LOL) and it just wiped right off. I use that stroller heavily, in all weather, for almost 2 years now, and I've never washed it, because it still looks so clean and new.

Go with the color you love!

I generally get the color I like regardless of gender of child and resale and ease of cleaning. I like blue and green so that's pretty much what I have gotten.

But this last time I got black (Micralite Superlite Fastfold) because it was by far the best price I found. It has surprisingly grown on me. It helps that it looks very sharp with my ocean stripes (lots of blue and green) saddle bag on the handle.

I say get the one that makes you smile.

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast