pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Nordstrom return opinion- Bras

I would love some opinions on this. I went to Nordstrom with my mother 2 weeks ago and did bra fitting. Tried on over 40 bras with the sales girl in the dressing room with us. Choose 3 that I liked and seemed to fit well. Two Wacoal and a Chantelle. Total $224
    The Chantelle I love, fits great, is comfortable etc.
    The Wacoal are horrible. One digs in to my ribcage on one side, the other doesn't sit against my sternum and thus my breasts slide together and touch. Big annoyance for me, and we discussed why this happens with the clerk.
    I noticed the problems the first time I wore them, but tried to adjust and live with it. My mother tells me to return them for ones that work better. I know Nordstrom has an awesome return policy, but it just seems wrong to return worn intimate apparel. I wouldn't try to return them as unused, so they would not be resold even if they do accept them.
    Has anyone returned worn intimates? Any opinions on what I should do? The $130 for the 2 bras I don't like is a huge amount for me to spend on a bra, but I was willing for a proper fit, and I don't think these ended up being that.
    mom to Billy 12/07

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Return! Say they are uncomfortable and explain the issues.

I say return too. You had a bra fitting and she fitted you improperly. Digging into your ribcage is, to me, a clear sign it's the wrong size.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'd return them. I've never been impressed with the fitters at Nordstroms. I remember going once after DS2 was born and the size she said I was missed closing in the back by about 1.5 inches. I went again about 2 years ago and was told that the underwire poking my armpit was normal and I'd get used to it. I won't go back.
    Kris

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd return, and buy two more of the ones you like. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I don't think it would be taking advantage of their return policy. If you wore them for a few months and then returned them, well then I'd think that was shady.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, I've returned for that very reason, without hesitation!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Return it. Their bras cost an arm and a leg and I agree, the wacoal bras are NOT as comfy as the others. When I went for my fitting, I ended up buying a wacoal and a natori, the natori is MUCH more comfy than the wacoal, which also digs into my sides.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the reassurances everyone. I have such a hard time finding the fit that I like with my size, so I really wanted these new ones to work. Now I know what I get to do with my days off later this week.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Return! This is why you paid Nordstrom prices.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis