Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default what tops do you wear with Athleta Whatever Skort?

I need inspiration. I have a few Athleta Whatever skorts which i am really loving for everyday SAHM wear (to playdates, the park, grocery store) but i dont' have many tops to wear with them bc my maternity tops are now too big & frumpy, yet the vast majority of my pre-pregnancy tops are still too small and SHORT (bleh).

for those of you who are Whatever Skort fans, what tops do you wear with them? links appreciated!!

t-shirts.

Catherine

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I wear form fitting tanks or sleeveless tops to balance the fullness of the skirt. I don't have any links unfortunately because the tops I am wearing were all bought a year or two ago. The ones I wear are from a variety of places including Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor loft, arcteryx, and a couple great target finds from last year.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Agree with form fitting if you can. I'm not comfortable in that at my weight....but JCP has some cute workout shirts that are the right length on me. Some are loose and some semi fittted. I'll try to post a link later.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Fitted tanks or tissue t's

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone for the suggestions! i agree form fitting is nice to balance the fullness of the skirt, but i don't want anytrhing too form fitting otherwise i loook preggo (i still have a huge tummy pooch!). i went to the Gap this weekend and bought a couple of the fitted tees on sale that were flattering...one V-neck with little pocket in front...and another one less fitted but striped and still llooked nice.

the ON ones look nice, i'll have to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    t-shirts.

Catherine
    Why the bag over your head? What else are we supposed to wear with them? (really??)

I guess I need a double bag over my head, because not only do I wear t-shirts, I usually wear GRAPHIC t-shirts (which I know I am too old for, but I like and still wear. I will end up on What Not to Wear one day).

I find that the skorts look best if the tshirts are somewhat fitted, and long enough to cover the more fitted part of the skort.

HTH some.

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

All I've ever worn with them is fitted tees. I am almost done being pregnant and looking forward to wearing them with nursing tanks in a few weeks. I ruined a couple of my shirts by not paying attention to those dang plastic covered buttons that stick out of the skirt and which rub against the shirts I wear with them. When cooking etc., I now make sure to pull the shirt up so it doesn't rub against the buttons. Perhaps this is only a problem for petite people? Just FYI.
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

Quote Originally Posted by KathyN115 View Post
    Why the bag over your head? What else are we supposed to wear with them? (really??)

I guess I need a double bag over my head, because not only do I wear t-shirts, I usually wear GRAPHIC t-shirts (which I know I am too old for, but I like and still wear. I will end up on What Not to Wear one day).

I find that the skorts look best if the tshirts are somewhat fitted, and long enough to cover the more fitted part of the skort.

HTH some.
    Well, because it seemed like such a default answer so I assumed the OPer was looking for something more creative or something that would be dressier.

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast