Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Pregnancy Blood Test at 7 DPO

Just curious. I needed to have a chest xray done in order to begin a medication. We are currently TTC. The doctor did a blood test, which at best would be 7 DPO. I know there are two types of blood tests to detect pregnancy. I am not sure which one the lab did. Anyone know how accurate the test would be at only a week out from possible conception or have any experiences to share?

That's correct. The qualitive gives you a yes or no and a quantitive beta gives you the actual number that they often use in early pregnancy over a couple of days to watch and see if the pregnancy is viable. Neither would be *completely* accurate at 7 dpo simply because some women implant later than that. With that said, if you have implanted already, it will pick it up. I've had positive urine and blood test at 9 & 10 dpo.
    Last edited by specialp; 05-27-2012 at 12:17 AM.

I think I've read somewhere that hcg isn't produced/released until "within 24 hours" of implantation. 7 dpo is probably one of the earliest timeframes implantation could happen. With this current pregnancy, I had a super super faint hint of a line at 10 dpo, and with DS, my HCG level was around 33 at 11 dpo, so it probably didn't implant until 8 or 9 dpo.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Thanks for everyone's responses. I will call this morning for blood test results. I found a pregnancy test while I was cleaning and actually took it. It was a very faint line and I am currently 11 DPO. It will be interesting to see what the blood test results are. Regardless I will wait and POAS again on Wed.

Exciting! Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by swrc00 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's responses. I will call this morning for blood test results. I found a pregnancy test while I was cleaning and actually took it. It was a very faint line and I am currently 11 DPO. It will be interesting to see what the blood test results are. Regardless I will wait and POAS again on Wed.
    Sounds to me like congrats are in order...
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yup, a line is a line!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Ugh, so the blood test was negative. The person couldn't tell me what type of test it was. I have taken 3 First Response Early Result Tests all with a faint pink line. I know a line is a line, but it is so faint. I am still not really thinking I am pregnant. AF is due on Thursday. Dollar Tree tests come up negative. I am going to retest on Thursday. Are the digital First Response test as sensitive as the non-digital ones?

Quote Originally Posted by swrc00 View Post
    Ugh, so the blood test was negative. The person couldn't tell me what type of test it was. I have taken 3 First Response Early Result Tests all with a faint pink line. I know a line is a line, but it is so faint. I am still not really thinking I am pregnant. AF is due on Thursday. Dollar Tree tests come up negative. I am going to retest on Thursday. Are the digital First Response test as sensitive as the non-digital ones?
    The most sensitive are First Response Early Results, not surprising that a dollar tree would be negative if the line is pretty faint on a FRER. (Also did you use the same urine for both tests? If you took a FRER then a few hours later took a dollar tree, your urine may have been more diluted and this early on the concentration of the urine can make a big difference.) I don't think the digital tests are generally as sensitive, but if you waited another day or two to test it should pick up a positive.

Not really surprising that your test was negative, most likely they just did a "yes" or "no" test. If your line is still pretty faint, the embryo probably *just* implanted within the last day or two at the earliest.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

A blood test is considered negative it if it is less than 5. I wouldn't be surprised that it was negative at 7 dpo as that is just too soon for most people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast