Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How many sizes do PNPs come in?

I need to buy a PNP for two visitors this summer who are bringing their babies. It's been awhile... How many sizes (models?) do these things now come in? I've been searching Amazon looking at the specs, but it's confusing and I don't trust the product descriptions. They've been wrong before.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

They make two, but I think only the bigger/classic one is marketed as a PnP--the other is the Travel Crib Lite, which is just a mini version. Otherwise, the differences are just colors and accessories (bassinet, changer, canopy, etc.) I'd probably get a basic classic PnP for visitors--maybe the bassinet version if either baby is very young. We have a hand-me-down Travel Crib Lite and my 10th percentile in weight/50th in height DS outgrew the bassinet at 5 months and the whole shebang at 7 months. Not a biggie since it was free, but I would probably have been frustrated if we've bought it (as I know the people who gave it to us were!) I'd get the regular one unless you have space constraints.

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you! So the one labeled "On the go" is just a rebranded classic?
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

I think "on the go" means it is the basic model that doesn't have a newborn napper, changing table, canopy, or any of the other junk they add to pack and plays. We got that model for my mom's house and it is perfect for that purpose - I found a deal on nobetterdeal.com for $50 - it said it was open box, but it appeared to have never been opened when we got it. They don't have one at the moment but their stock changes all the time.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not to highjack the thread, but is it ok to buy a used pnp from CL? Till how old can a baby sleep in the pnp, generally at what age do they outgrow?
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Not to highjack the thread, but is it ok to buy a used pnp from CL? Till how old can a baby sleep in the pnp, generally at what age do they outgrow?
    I would inspect the CL one very thoroughly but if it looked to be in excellent condition I would have no problem buying one used. I would think most kids would outgrow it by 2 or earlier. Its probably based more on the temperament of the child and if they like feeling confined, being that low to the ground, out of their normal sleeping environment, etc.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There are three or four models all have different features. The smallest is the Travel Lite, the On the Go model is the same size as the regular pnp the sells for $120, but is $60 or $70. If you don't need the changing station or the newborn napper then the $70 On the Go model should work just fine. I would buy one second hand, my parents rid and it has worked out just fine.

My 2 yr. old still fits and sleeps in the basic pnp with no issues at all. My 6 yr. old started climbing out of the pnp at about 22-24 months old, but still had plenty of space in it. I think if you have a non climbing average sized child you can easily make it to three.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 37#+, 40+" 3 year old spent the night in our PnP last night. He barely fits but is used to it and is not a great sleeper when we travel. He could climb out, but doesn't.
    DS 2/09

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Lot of CL PNP are about $50 or so. And Amazon has this for $70 so maybe its worth to buy a new one. Does anyone have any experience with this particular one? According to the dimension it seems big enough. Do you know whether it comes with the mattress or do I need to purchase it separately? And if I can buy a sheet for it, that would be great.

39.5 x 28.2 x 29 inches ; 22.5 pounds
    http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Tra...8573010&sr=8-1

Amazon also has a $50 one but I think its small.

But this one seems bigger for the same price 43 x 31 x 30 inches ; 19 pounds $66.27
    http://www.amazon.com/Dream-On-Me-Fu...573010&sr=8-16
    Last edited by Dream; 06-01-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

There is also a square shaped one that is bigger than the standard, if your friends are bringing large toddlers.

http://www.wayfair.com/Graco-Bugs-Qu...id=FR49-GR1060
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast