Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by janine View Post
    Thanks all..I think the hip, leg spread could be part of it. I think it's uncomfy. I may give the hip carry a go and if not, might have to return the ergo.

Thanks Lizzy for the babycarrying group suggestion! Gets expensive otherwise, plus I am not good at figuring out to get the things on!
    Any time.

FWIW, I personally think that the hip-carry in the Ergo looks really uncomfortable and needlessly complicated.

Back carries are the way to go; if you need a video, here's one showing the "hip scoot" method, which is the one I use to get my 2-yr old on my back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO5Pnu517Uo
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

My DS was a very fussy baby, he hated carriers, car seats and strollers. I stuck with the Ergo and tried it frequently and eventually he loved it. Have you tried going to a fun stimulating place with it? For us something as simple as Costco or Target really helped. He got to look at lots of stuff but felt safe and close to me. I used it everywhere until he was about 18 mos and then only stopped because it was too impractical to feed him in it. Are you nursing? If so try having your DH baby carry at first. My DS was always fussier for me than DH because of the milk smell.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The trick with any new carrier - and even not so new - is to wear them in it (correctly, and this is important) and start moving around, preferably outside. And this is true of anything new, actually. DD1 was so used to being carried she would scream blue murder if put in the stroller. We just had to do it a few times and keep moving. DD2 did the same thing when put in the Kangaroo Korner wrap but the minute I walked out of the house, she calmed down - and before long, got used to it. Then she got so used to my Pikkolo (softer fabric) that she would scream with the Ergo - but then got used to it after a few times. Don't give up - the Ergo is life changing IMO!

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2