Carrots is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Weight Watchers Activitiy points help

Hi there,
    I am having trouble calculating my activity for today. DH and I took the kids for a 10 mile bike ride over 3 hours this morning/afternoon. It was a great workout, but I am having trouble converting the ride into activity points. I wasn't peadling continuously over 3 hours, but we hit some great hills and I was also pulling an extra 25lbs (DD K) on my bike.

I logged it as 60 minutes on a stationary bike at a moderate level. It counts as 7 points. However, I feel like I got a much better workout than my usual 45 minutes on the eliptical, which is also 7 points. Would you increase the point value?

Thanks,
    Kristen
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

and my three born sleeping

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I tend to err on the side of caution with activity points. I usually do the whole "well I earned x activity points today so I can eat THIS much extra." If I rounded up regularly, it would not be good for weight loss

Whether you calculate it perfectly or not, you still did the workout, so go you! That is awesome!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

You probably did get more than 7 points, but I tend to calculate down too because I'm worried about giving myself tot much leeway.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    You probably did get more than 7 points, but I tend to calculate down too because I'm worried about giving myself tot much leeway.
    Thanks! I am keeping it as 7 points. I also tend to be conservative with the activity points. We'll see what the scale says on Wednesday!
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

I had to work this weekend cleaning hotel rooms (story in BP), but I worked for 7.5 hours straight. If I calculated it as moderate effort, I would get 39 points for it! I only counted 10, but 39 is probably legitimately correct.

Weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see!

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

DietCokeLover, I weigh in on Wednesdays, but I weighed in this morning "just to see" how I was foing. I DIDN"T LOSE AN OUNCE. I have not changed anything about my exercise routine, eating, tracking, etc. I have lost 10 lbs so far, but this "maintain" week is killing me. Ugh!!!
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

Kristen, I lost 1.6 this week for a total of 18. How'd your weigh in go today?

Also, I asked my leader about activity points. She said that no matter how many you earn, you are to only act as if you have earned 4 per day max. So, like me, I earned 64+ last week, I need to assume I only earned 4 per day.

That is good to know about the activity points! I will keep that in mind.

I maintatined the same weight as last week, but I have lost 10 lbs total. I looked back at my progress report from last week and earned 61 activity points. I need to meantally "dial that number down".

I need to look more closely at my points tracker. Some days I do really well and use under my daily point allowance. Other days I do have to dip into the weekly points plus allowance, but I have never used *all* the weekly points plus.

I am trying to find more satifying dinners because I find at the end of the night, I am really hungry (and tired).

Nice work on losing 18+ lbs!!! That is fantastic!!!
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years