MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What can I put DS in at pool?

We'll be going to the pool this summer quite a bit. DS is only a month old, so I don't plan on putting him in the water for awhile (when is a good time for an infant to start going in the pool?). DS1 will be in the kids pool so I'll just be sittingon the edge watching him. Is there something I can get to put DS2 in so I don't have to hold him the whole time or keep him in his car seat?

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This isn't really what you're asking for, but I got this water wrap http://www.etsy.com/listing/73084883...babywearing-at for DS2 (who is almost 4 months now) and it worked really well. I was able to wear him in the pool and he was happy as can be.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm just planning on putting DS (due in early July) in a stroller. I bought a Phil/Ted Explorer as my new double. With the flat recline option with an open back, I pretty much plan to use it as a bassinet. I think I might look into getting a stroller fan for really hot days.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Flat stroller, not the car seat.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You probably already know your pool rules, but I know our local pool does not allow you to bring in any sort of inflatable, kids can't wear bubbles or water wings or life vests in the pool, you wouldn't be allowed to use a sling for a baby, etc. I know they are all still allowed at many pools but our pool does not allow any of the above. Just something to double check if you aren't 100% sure.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    This isn't really what you're asking for, but I got this water wrap http://www.etsy.com/listing/73084883...babywearing-at for DS2 (who is almost 4 months now) and it worked really well. I was able to wear him in the pool and he was happy as can be.
    I have the same thing and really like it. We also have a little pop up tent and lay DD2 in the tent on a towel on the side of the pool. It was cheap. I think we got it at BRU
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

I wouldn't want to have a stroller or a car seat sitting near an edge of a pool, even a baby pool. I would get a water sling/wrap or just plan on holding him.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

I did a water sling with mine starting at 2 1/2 months - March baby. If we were at some of the very quiet neighborhood pools with my June baby I'd just lay him out on a towel in the shade. We visited friends a lot that summer and a majority of the time there would only be three or four families at the pool, so I was comfortable having the baby 15 feet away asleep in the shade.