janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Do you /your DC prefer the Jumperoo or Exersaucer

We have the Exersaucer (DD1) but I really think DD2 would love the Jumperoo since she loves jumping but the idea of 2 giant plastic items in our FR makes me nervous! What's your experience? DD is 6 months.

By 6 months DS was bored with the exersaucer most of the time. By 7 months he was crawling and wanted nothing to do with being confined in either of them. We started using both around 4.5 months, if you buy one, I'd get it used off CL for sure. (Mine were both shower gifts.)
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

We have always used a Jumperoo. The babies have always seemed to prefer being able to jump a bunch vs. being in an exersaucer.

DC prefer the jumperoo. We have both because we borrowed an exer saucer from a friend. It doesn't get much love.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 loved his exersaucer (started using it at 4 months), but hated his jumperoo and would never jump in it! I think I may have gotten the jumperoo too late though (I think he was 7 months).

DS2 never had an exersaucer, but loved his jumperoo (also started at 4 months).

I'd go for a jumperoo, but would either borrow one or buy one on CL since it has such a short lifespan and your DD is already 6 months. I got mine on CL for $35 I think and it looked brand new. It still looked brand new when I passed it on to my best friend, and it still look brand new when she passed it on to our other friend!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Default Jumps too

Ds1 only tried jumparoo and liked it.
    Ds2 is 4 months old and seems to like jumparoo too

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We only have a Jumperoo (hand-me-down so not as snazzy as current models) for DS, who is six months. He LOVES that thing. No experience with Exersaucers but the main thing DS seems to love about the Jumperoo is jumping, which I think (?) the Exersaucers don't do, so he would probably like that less. We started using it at 5.5 months or so, when his feet could reach the ground well.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Jumparoo fan here too. Both kids liked that, although DS didn't really jump much, just played with the toys. DD is a jumper. She used an Exersaucer last week at a friends and she liked it, but really only because she could stand up in it on her own and she LOVES to stand.

Its such a short lived toy though, if you already have one and your DC likes it I probably wouldn't stress about getting the other.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DC looooved the jumperoo. Jumped a ton in it. We found having it on carpet with DC barefoot was the best approach.

We had both. By 6 months though the exersaucer was less exciting. But she also started crawling around 6 months and once that started she wanted nothing to do with either stationary device
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012