Thread: sleep on tummy?

ssgg is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default sleep on tummy?

Does anyone put their LO to sleep on her tummy? My 1 month old has reflux and sleeps much better on her tummy, but I'm afraid of SIDS! Anyone use the angel care monitor for this purpose?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I did. It worked so well. A little nerve wracking but I felt like many other things were in our favor- no bumpers, bedding, breastfed, non smoking, prenatal care, full term...

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I did. It worked so well. A little nerve wracking but I felt like many other things were in our favor- no bumpers, bedding, breastfed, non smoking, prenatal care, full term...
    We did it too. Starting with naps in the daytime when they were a couple weeks old, and then all the time once they had decent head control, between 6-8 weeks old. They slept better and longer on their stomachs.

ETA: We did not use a monitor.
    DD1 & DD2 9/2008

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did with Henry and we're doing it again with Agnes. I feel more relaxed about it since we co-sleep and can keep an eye on breathing.

We tried it in the first place because of the startle reflex. They just seem to rest better on their tummies because neither one of my kids tolerated the swaddle.

Our pediatrician couldn't endorse it when we told him we put Henry on his tummy, but he basically said you gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW, I haven't tried a monitor because I'm either in bed next to her or sleeping with her in the recliner.

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

I did it while co-sleeping but not when dd was left alone. We didn't have any angelcare type monitor. My parents frequently tell me that I slept on my tummy because they were told it was safer since I had reflux.. oh how things change.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Default Anglecare

My 5 month old has been sleeping on his stomach for the past month.
    Angle care monitor has been a stress reliever.
    Initially I was waking up and felt reassured to see the blinking light on the monitor that showed us he is breathing.