Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Is the mini kick scooter worth it?

I'm thinking of what to get for DD's 3rd birthday and thought a scooter would be nice.

Is the mini kick scooter, currently $84 on Amazon worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/Kickboard-USA-.../dp/B000ES178C

Or, will a $39 Radio Flyer scooter be sufficient?

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-1s...8938231&sr=1-1

FWIW, DD has a tricycle, but doesn't want or like to pedal it since I can push her with the push bar.

Thanks!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2 just got the Mini Kick scooter for his 3rd birthday two weeks ago and LOVES it! He rides it all over the house just to go from point A to point B and is doing really well on it outside. It's his most favorite gift by far and he sleeps with it right next to his bed! I only paid $49.99 for it though on the Zulily daily deal site. Definitely recommended though! If you search for "mini kick" on the reviews for the Radio Flyer Scooter you'll see that several people returned theirs for the Mini Kick instead. It steers great!

Oh, and DS2 has a Kettler trike as well (it was DS1's) and rarely uses it.
    Last edited by essnce629; 06-05-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't have any experience with the mini kick, but we have that Radio Flyer one and I think it would get limited use. My DD got it at 2 and it was a good "first" scooter to get the idea of the scooter motion, but you can't get it going very fast and can be hard to steer. She used it some between 2 and 3, but has gotten very little use the past year or so. She uses her plasma car and Schwinn roadster trike much more bc they are faster and more fun. I would go with the other option for that age.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have two maxi kicks and they rock. I even ran over one with my car by accident and broke something on it. they paid to have it shipped back to them, fixed it and sent it back to me free of charge. Customer for life.

Yes - my DD took right too it. Other riding toys that had gotten online praise such as the Kettler trike, plasma car, strider bike have been so-do at best in our house but this has been great. My then 3 year old loved that she could ride just like her 8 year old sis and didn't miss the crazy princess or Minnie mouse scooters she saw at TRU and couldn't ride at all in store. Friends have one for their son and said he didn't do well on the standard scooter but picked this one up right away and their boys are very athletic.

Yes. Love it. Just bought the maxi-kick so we could hand down the mini-kick to dd. Both are awesome and blow the radio flyer out of the water. The radio flyer is really cute but it doesn't grow with the child at all. The mini-kick can be used confidently by younger toddlers but then moves plenty fast for cocky preschoolers (something the radio flyer does not).
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Yes! We got ours off Woot a few years ago so paid about half price, but after having it awhile I do think even at full price, it would be worth every penny. My very coordinated DS1 always falls if he gets on one of the other scooters but does great on the mini kick.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'd also say yes. DD2 received the Radio Flyer one for her 2nd b-day, and she had a lot of fun, but for her 4th, we gave her the Maxi Kick - same deal as the Mini, but the handle bar extends. The maneuverability of the Kick is way better!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a maxi-kick and love it. You might consider the maxi-kick because at its lowest it is the same height as the mini-kick.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Worth every penny.

DD absolutely LOVES hers and two other families on our street have the mini kick as well ... one little boy and another little girl.

DD hasn't got the motion down just yet, but once she sees the other kids doing it, she just might.

Also, I just bought some bike streamers to "decorate" DD's handlebars and she wants to play with her scooter constantly these days. We just need a new helmet and she'll be set.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast