Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Gosh, I'm so sorry you are going through this frustration Lori. I just checked in on this board as we are having a surge in anxiety with DS 1 ourselves. I am going to post it when I have time - I just started reading freeing your child from anxiety as well. If you are looking at coming to the city I will pm you a name that may or may not work for your insurance and needs.

BTW, what is 5-HTP?
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Also I would be pretty reluctant to have a regular ped prescribe anxiety meds. I would want someone who is experienced in dealing with anxiety meds and with your son's issues. Is the dev ped comfortable prescribing and making med changes/tweaks without seeing him? Since he is the most familiar, that may be the best choice.
    I'm not sure how she'd feel about that. She tends to be pretty conservative though, so I kind of doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mctlaw View Post
    Gosh, I'm so sorry you are going through this frustration Lori. I just checked in on this board as we are having a surge in anxiety with DS 1 ourselves. I am going to post it when I have time - I just started reading freeing your child from anxiety as well. If you are looking at coming to the city I will pm you a name that may or may not work for your insurance and needs.

BTW, what is 5-HTP?
    Thanks for the rec MC. Sorry that you guys are dealing with this as well. I remember going through a rough patch with Jason after Zach was born. He was happy, but I could see signs of anxiety popping up all over the place. Things stabilized after a few months. I'll bet it has been especially challenging with your adding physical issues. Things are probably very different than they were 6 months ago at your house.

5-HTP is an supplement our ped recommended for Jason. It's like a natural SSRI, and it's supposed to help with mild anxiety and depression. I've been opening capsules and mixing them in juice for Jason. He takes 150 mg every night. You start low and build up. It's similar to SAM-e.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4