Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Forum for parents of older kids

I know, I know...it's baby bargains. But so many of us cannot seem to tear ourselves away from this wonderful community! It would be awesome to have a forum for parents of school-aged kids...even more awesome to have it broken out by elementary, middle and high school (bag over head - yes I have a middle and high schooler!).
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since the support and commiseration around these parts is so functional, I'd love to see something continue for school-aged kids!

Yes, OK, mine's only 2 but I have no idea how much longer I'll hang around either.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I'd love to see something like this, too. I know many of us in the Lounge have elementary-age kids (and older!).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    I know, I know...it's baby bargains. But so many of us cannot seem to tear ourselves away from this wonderful community! It would be awesome to have a forum for parents of school-aged kids...even more awesome to have it broken out by elementary, middle and high school (bag over head - yes I have a middle and high schooler!).
    Tottally agree and I love the idea!! Next year I will have 2 middle schoolers and a preschooler but witihin a year I will be in your shoes with a high schooler, a middle schooler and the youngest starting Kindergarten would love to have "support" for the teens, tweens, and the big kids!

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sounds awesome, but the "older" forums never really seem to catch on. So everyone just sticks around here. Lol
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

me too! I'd love to see something for older kids. I have a soon-to-be first grader (and a toddler too), and would like to connect w/ other moms of school-aged kids.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Add me to that list as well. I have a soon to be first grader, and a 2 yr. old. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Love this idea!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Great idea! My oldest is going to be going into 3rd grade, but my youngest is just turning 3. So, I still like coming here, but it's still mostly the under-preschool crowd. Designated folders specific to elementary, middle school, high school and even college would be a nice addition. The BBB is just so awesome that we don't want to leave.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am embarrassed to say how old my baby is

I would welcome another folder for specific questions, but I know it would take time to train us to use it!

College Bargains, anyone?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast