Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fisher Price Rock and Play is pure magic!

You guys weren't kidding! The Rock n' Play is my new piece of "Must Have" baby equipment! DD2 LOVES this thing. She will sleep for over 3 hours in it, when she only will sleep for 1 hour anywhere else. She has some spit up issues normally, if I nurse her and lay her down. I have to hold her upright for 15 minutes after each feeding. But because of the incline on the RNP, I can nurse her and then lay her in it and she never spits up. It has a nice and cozy "snuggle" feel to it, and is great if you swaddle baby and then put them in it. And the bonus is the rocking ability. I just ate my lunch in peace by sitting on the couch with my plate on my lap, RNP horizontal in front of me, and rocked it back and forth with one foot on the lower frame. Baby settled right down and slept. Aaaah! Bliss!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339259202.859949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daisymommy; 06-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

She's beautiful!! Glad the RnP is working out so well. DS loved his Lamb cradle swing and it was a lifesaver, but we lived in a tiny condo. Now we live in a split level so all the great feedback led me to get the RnP this time since I can't see myself lugging that swing all over.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

I'm pretty sure that was my favorite baby item of all. I am debating if we should upgrade to the deluxe one for DC3.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

She is gorgeous! We really like the rock 'n play too! I shudder to think how little sleep we'd be getting without it...

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

She's absolutely perfect!

I've gone back and forth about buying the RnP since we have spitting up issues, too. But Agnes is very much in 4th trimester mode so I'm mostly holding her for sleep anyway, and by the time she outgrows it she might be pushing the limits of the RnP (she's in the 98th percentile for height and 95th for weight right now).

Glad it's working well for you!

eta: Melaine, your sweet little peanut looks happy, too! Love those bunny ears! Adorable!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by queenmama; 06-13-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So glad it is working for you! We loved ours and I have recommended it over and over to anyone I know having a baby!

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    You guys weren't kidding! The Rock n' Play is my new piece of "Must Have" baby equipment! DD2 LOVES this thing. She will sleep for over 3 hours in it, when she only will sleep for 1 hour anywhere else. She has some spit up issues normally, if I nurse her and lay her down. I have to hold her upright for 15 minutes after each feeding. But because of the incline on the RNP, I can nurse her and then lay her in it and she never spits up. It has a nice and cozy "snuggle" feel to it, and is great if you swaddle baby and then put them in it. And the bonus is the rocking ability. I just ate my lunch in peace by sitting on the couch with my plate on my lap, RNP horizontal in front of me, and rocked it back and forth with one foot on the lower frame. Baby settled right down and slept. Aaaah! Bliss!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339259202.859949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG Daisymommy! I just feel completely insane right now, seriously. I swear it was like YESTERDAY that I read your very first post referencing that you just had a positive pg test. I remember your post so well. There is NO WAY that little baby is already here. WOW. She looks incredibly sweet
    But yeah...i should check in to see how old i am and my own kids are too...seems i have completely lost track of time..........
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

ok, you've talked me into it. DS was born the end of Apr and I've been going back and forth about getting one. With his reflux issues and the fact that he won't sleep anywhere too long (even the swing, which is where his brother would sleep) I had all but convinced myself to get him one tomorrow when I went for my 6 week checkup. Now I'm 100% buying one. We need sleep here!!

Wow, I've never heard of RNP (we used bouncers and swings) but it reaffirms my practice of selling off old baby gear. If we were to have #3, it would be fun researching baby gear again. . Congrats to all the mams with little ones who are enjoying their RNPs. Love the photos posted here!

[QUOTE=MSWR0319;3527587]ok, you've talked me into it. DS was born the end of Apr and I've been going back and forth about getting one. With his reflux issues and the fact that he won't sleep anywhere too long (even the swing, which is where his brother would sleep) I had all but convinced myself to get him one tomorrow when I went for my 6 week checkup. Now I'm 100% buying one. We need sleep here!![/QUOTE

We love ours. DD1 loved the swing but DD2 loathes it. You would think the swing burns her the way she screams but she happily snoozes in her rnp.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast