Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Keep the nap nanny or no?

DS does have reflux and we LOVE the rock 'n play sleeper but the Nap Nanny which I was thrilled to find used for $30 has just not impressed him. We have a cradle swing, the crib, and the Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper. DS is 2 months old. Is there any chance he will suddenly start enjoying the Nap Nanny or should I just go ahead and re-sell it? We have a serious lack of space and this thing is kind of a pain because of its big footprint.

If your LO started using the NN after 2 months please speak up!!

I'm on a serious purge mission right now, so I would not keep it. I recently sold over 100 items at a consignment sale and have sold at least 30 more on swap in the last few weeks. My Rock N Play is already sold to a friend who will need it in August and the swing will not be far behind!
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well my first LOVED it, but we didn't get it until he was 2 mos old. It was a lifesaver for us. i don't think he had reflux but he did spit up a lot and he HATED lying down flat. he went from sleeping 20 min intervals to sleeping 2-3 hrs at a time (we tried swaddling but he hated it from day one). He always napped in the NN until he was 7 mos and then he got too big/mobile...though occasionally we would use it when he was sick/congested.

We kept it around for DD, but despite being a much fussier newborn she wasn't into it that much...i don't think she had reflux at all (even as a nb, she would only spit up once or twice A WEEK..though she was a cranky baby until abt 3 mos). we had more luck with the swing..DD napped in a swing until she was about 5 mos.

and $30 is an awesome deal! i guess what you can do is store it away in a closet for another few weeks and try it out then? if not you can sell it on CL. We sold ours for $60 on CL when DD was about 1yo, but we would have sold it sooner if i hadn't procrastinated about it so much.