View Poll Results: How many sexual partners have you had and has it affected your attitude toward sex?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have only had 1 partner and I'm not adventurous.

20 18.02%
  • I have had 2-5 partners and I'm not adventurous.

18 16.22%
  • I have had 6-9 partners and I'm not adventurous.

11 9.91%
  • I have had 10+ partners and I'm not adventurous.

6 5.41%
  • I have only had 1 partner and I'm adventurous.

23 20.72%
  • I have had 2-5 partners and I'm adventurous.

16 14.41%
  • I have had 6-9 partners and I'm adventurous.

5 4.50%
  • I have had 10+ partners and I'm adventurous.

12 10.81%
  • Obligatory other

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    That's a fair point, american_mama. I just was surprised by some of the posts in the original thread re: BJs that imply (at least to me) that those are "not mainstream" and/or are a bit "adventurous" since some BBBers choose not to include that in their sexual repertoire. Adventurous sex in this context is, to me, something more than bare-bones sex.

I read your poll first and then the other two oral sex threads. Some of the comments surprised me, as did the number of people who think of oral sex as only being to completion and/or coming in the mouth. Maybe that increased the number of never answers? Anyway, I probably wouldn't have written my post here if I'd read those oral sex threads first.

I scored a 37 on the quiz. eta: That is for my entire sexual history, not just with DH.

eta: I don;t think you can use the backwards arrow, it makes your score additive or something. I re-took the quiz from a new link three more times and scored a 24, 31 and 47, so there's some data about reliability. I was not counting things that were a long time ago/barely remember to get the 24 and counting everything that got close to get the 47.
    Last edited by american_mama; 06-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    On the internet, there is a quiz for everything.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-a...-_-haveyouever
    I scored a 57-- Stoke the Fire

I don't know what the highest score is though. I think I was a little more adventurous pre-kids, with my ex, (having sex outdoors, in cars, etc). I got pregnant after dating DBF for just 2 weeks (oops!) so there wasn't much pre-kids time with the two of us!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Only the main event with dh but other stuff before. We're stoking the fire per the quiz.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 06-11-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I don't know what the highest score is though.
    I am really spending time on this quiz! I checked every box to see what would happen. The top score is 100 and the category is "Keep Things Sizzlin'."
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got a 62 on the quiz but my ex-h and I used to work together and a lot of those work place questions were with him. Also, after my divorce I kinda went a little crazy. Currently i'm pregnant and have no desire at all. So while I was adventurous now I'm just inventing ways to get out of it.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

LOL! Well, according to that quiz, our heat is pretty low at 35. But I've never done anything in the work place or with a stranger, and that seemed to eliminate a lot of choices.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted 1 partner and adventurous, but that is a VERY recent development. We have been married for 17 years, and for the first 15 or so I was very UNadventurous.

And in case you're wondering, my reading preferences have impacted my interests in--ahem--other areas. I don't know if it would have happened anyway with age or if I would have been more adventurous when younger if I had read more. But I suspect the former.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post

And in case you're wondering, my reading preferences have impacted my interests in--ahem--other areas. I don't know if it would have happened anyway with age or if I would have been more adventurous when younger if I had read more. But I suspect the former.
    Care to share your reading list? We've put sex on the back burner and I need help moving it back into our lives.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Care to share your reading list? We've put sex on the back burner and I need help moving it back into our lives.
    Oh, Internet fanfiction. (I favor Harry Potter, SS/HG specifically.) I have not read any of the works by the author of 50 Shades of Grey, including that book, but from what I've read ABOUT it, it sounds like pretty formulaic fanfiction stuff.

FTR, I don't read that kind of fanfiction much, and I originally happened upon it by accident. But I do have certain stories bookmarked for when I need some stimulation.

I am Sariana everywhere on the Internet, so if you really want to know what I read, you can find me. (I write a bit, too, but it's all clean.)
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

77 on that quiz. Oh my!

I'm in the low double digits for partners; I had a time in my life where I didn't really care who, and was using the sex to get the affection I was missing. Now, I know that, but then, it didn't really cross my mind. What's done is done.

Has that affected my adventurous spirit? I don't think so, mainly because XH was #4, and most of the things on that list, which I think most people would say could be more "adventurous," were done with him. When we were young, we went for it anytime we could manage, anywhere we could manage. Honestly, with XH, things like outdoor sex (in full potential view of the neighbors) was really quite common (the stairs on our front porch made a REALLY good angle!, and the hot tub is outside too). I'll admit to a few new things with the XSO (who I dated for 2 years), but they were pretty "minor" on the adventure chart--dressing up, role playing, racy pictures.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast