View Poll Results: How many sexual partners have you had and has it affected your attitude toward sex?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have only had 1 partner and I'm not adventurous.

20 18.02%
  • I have had 2-5 partners and I'm not adventurous.

18 16.22%
  • I have had 6-9 partners and I'm not adventurous.

11 9.91%
  • I have had 10+ partners and I'm not adventurous.

6 5.41%
  • I have only had 1 partner and I'm adventurous.

23 20.72%
  • I have had 2-5 partners and I'm adventurous.

16 14.41%
  • I have had 6-9 partners and I'm adventurous.

5 4.50%
  • I have had 10+ partners and I'm adventurous.

12 10.81%
  • Obligatory other

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a low number of partners before DH, but was probably more adventurous then. And DH and I were more adventurous back when we met. I think the kids and prenancies have worn us out some.

Got a 54 on the quiz, but would have gotten much less if I had taken it reflecting only the last year.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Adventure is my middle name. If it feels good we do it. I've been married twice and was faithful in my marriages. When I wasn't married I had several partners and enjoyed my life.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Adventure is my middle name. If it feels good we do it. I've been married twice and was faithful in my marriages. When I wasn't married I had several partners and enjoyed my life.
    You go girl!

I scored pretty high, stoking the fire and whatnot, but I noticed that most of the items on the list happened with DH as well as with past partners. (Not to mention things I've only done with DH.) I gave the list a second glance and realized that if DH were my one and only, I still would have scored less than 10 points below what I originally did.

So, I don't think the number of partners is necessarily that big of an influence on an "adventure-full" lifestyle. Maybe sexual compatibility is a bigger influence?

And I got an 81 on that test...
    Sounds about right. And I do think the number of partners can have something to do with how adventurous you are... If I didn't date the paramedic, I would never have learned how to have sex in a moving car, and how to hop off before you get to the toll booth.
    Or the Altoid trick that did nothing but sting number 12's whang during a blow job.
    If DH had been my only partner, I would probably still lie and say that I don't masturbate...so...yeah, I think the guys I was with helped me be more open.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think the level of adventure in sex has a lot more to do with my age, amount of spare time, ability to get a good night sleep and general flexibility. My DH and I have both reached the age where, "Well all that was nice when we were younger, but right now I'd rather have sex in a bed, preferably our bed." Well enough all the other stuff. I got an 87 on the silly quiz, although I think after a certain age we should be able to opt out of the video/sexting stuff. I'm sure if it had been around when I was single....
    Last edited by dogmom; 06-13-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I think the level of adventure in sex has a lot more to do with my age, amount of spare time, ability to get a good night sleep and general flexibility. My DH and I have both reached the age where, "Well all that was nice when we were younger, but right now I'd rather have sex in a bed, preferably our bed." Well enough all the other stuff. I got an 87 on the silly quiz, although I think after a certain age we should be able to opt out of the video/sexting stuff. I'm sure if it had been around when I was single....
    87! You FLOOZY!!!!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Adventure is my middle name.......
    me too. I have always been faithful to DH since we got married, although when I was still in college I messed around with another guy while DH and I were dating, but we never went further than heavy making out. I will admit it was fun, but both of us knew it was probably never going to go anywhere (he still had 2 yrs. of college left, yes I messed around with a younger guy). Having that experience and technically getting away with it I believe has made me more adventurous in the long run I like to think. Haven't strayed since.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    87! You FLOOZY!!!!
    Yes. It's called getting divorce, turning 30 and deciding men are really good for one thing. I got a dog for the emotional support part. hehe

THEN I met my DH. Who recognized the way to my heart wasn't though the bedroom, but by bringing treats for my dog. Let's just say neither one of us feel we got left out of anything in our youth.

Carrots is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmm. I got a 42. I was more "adventurous" when I was younger and had more energy - there was no such thing as "sexting" back then. DH and I are vanilla.
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

and my three born sleeping

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4