PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recommend your All-weather blanket

Something less than $50 - good to keep in the car for picnics, sporting events, outside stuff..

thanks
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love my Skip Hop Central Park blanket because it's BPA-Free, Phthalate-Free, and PVC-Free, so it doesn't reek of stinky plastic. Unfortunately, it looks like it's kind of hard to find online. Amazon has it for $49.35 with free super saver shipping or you could order it from Skip Hop for $45 plus whatever they charge for shipping.

The JJ Cole blanket ($30) is pretty popular. There's also the Diaper Dude blanket (~$35). And a few other random ones: the 31 All About Town blanket ($39 retail), the Tuffo Outdoor blanket ($32-$40), and just a regular outdoor blanket from Bed, Bath, & Beyond ($19.99).

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have an old coleman one (actually 2) that is flannel-like plaid with a rubber backing and folds up flat. It's way better than the fleecy-nylon thing from Target's summer section that I bought on clearance last year. I love that it has a rubbery mat on the back so we don't get wet if the ground is moist. I wish it had a carry/fold strap but it doesn't. It gets shoved under a seat in the van. I can't find another one like it that's just as good and not 20 years old, so I'm still using that one.

Be sure to check the size of whatever you get and make sure it will be big enough for the family you intend to have. Ours is a decent size, but it only fits one adult and 3 DC. We need to take the 2nd one when it is all 5 of us and we plan to have lunch spread out on it.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have the BBB one linked to above. It works really well. I wouldn't say it's 100% waterproof but it is water resistant and anything spilled on the striped side just beads up and runs off. Personally I think it's a great blanket for $20.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.