Thread: Measuring big

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Measuring big

Our DD #2, whose EDD is 8/2, is measuring at 40 weeks (at 34.5 weeks). I will be having another U/S on Monday and I think we are scheduling a repeat c-s (first DD was an unplanned c-sec), based on my doctor's recommendations, which I am totally fine with.

Anyone have a similar situation??? I haven't gained much weight- I'm only 3 lbs larger (lost weight the first 18 weeks due to morning sickness) then I was when I had my first prenatal appt in Dec.....

DS measured big most of my pregnancy, 2-4 weeks bigger by fundal height, 2ish weeks by ultrasound, he was 7.4 lbs at 36+2 weeks (though I had gestational diabetes, his blood sugar was fine, and I gained under 20 lbs my entire pregnancy and was back to my pre-preg weight after he was born.) He was still in the 95%ile for height and 50%ile for weight at a year, just a bigger kid. My ultrasound prediction for his weight was pretty accurate, although they are notorious inaccurate.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, ds2 measured a few weeks ahead during the last half of my 3rd trimester. No one worried, including me. My GD screen was totally fine so ds2 was just bigger. U/s, in my 41st week, said 9lb 2oz and he was born (vaginally, no complications, easy delivery) 9lb9oz the next day. Love bigger babies- more sturdy. They didn't require any blood sugar testing.

Dd2 measured big on and off - seemed to depend on her position. She came out at 41w3d and was 22" long but only 7lb4oz, so it was definitely her length that was causing the measurements to run so far ahead. I have a long torso So it wasn't that she was squished in there, and I hadn't gained much when she started measuring ahead...my midwife wanted me to gain more. Passed my gd test with flying colors too. Good luck!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi Ladies-
    I too passed my GD screens fine. I'm almost 6 ft tall- and this one is definitely bigger than DD#1. I think my OB wants to be sure that there isn't something else going on..... thanks for sharing your experiences!

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Dd2 measured big on and off - seemed to depend on her position. She came out at 41w3d and was 22" long but only 7lb4oz, so it was definitely her length that was causing the measurements to run so far ahead. I have a long torso So it wasn't that she was squished in there, and I hadn't gained much when she started measuring ahead...my midwife wanted me to gain more. Passed my gd test with flying colors too. Good luck!
    DD was measuring big at my last two appointments finally delivered, 8lb.11oz. 22", I too have a long torso and think she just stretched out when I had any measurements done.

With the upcoming DS, 8/7 he's measuring 2+ weeks bigger, but my OB isn't concerned due to DD being fine and gd was fine as well.
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12