Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Sillygirl View Post
    So glad your DH is doing better. I second (third?) the idea that a letter to your friend, AND to the local paper AND to his hospital is great. Speaking as a physician, those letters are like gold. He's a radiologist, so he's doing well, he doesn't need material things. The letter is valuable and irreplaceable. I know he moved since then but it doesn't matter, send it to his current place of work. Every doctor I know would like to get that above anything else. (Home grown produce and eggs are second.)
    I'm not a doctor but my dad is. I asked him and he agreed with a letter to your friend.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

gift card to Legal Seafoods, which is a well known seafood chain in the Boston area. It might be a place some locals think is over rated, but for newcommers it is probably a nice gift.

So glad your DH is okay. I will say that constipation is a huge issue with a lot of pain management drugs so keep that in mind if he has to go back to pain management doctor again. Also if he takes a multi vitamin with iron get him one without and get him some Align probiotic (that stuff is pretty good).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks Annie. He is taking probiotics, but I'll look up that brand. He's a pharmacist at Walgreens so I bet we have Walgreens generic probiotics. The constipation issues right now are due to the tumor being wrapped around the nerves that control the emptying of the bladder and the bowel. He actually hasn't taken any constipation causing pain meds since he left the hospital, believe it or not. He is a tough man.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post

I really like the museum idea. Does anyone have any boston based suggestions? I've never been there.
    Boston has a children's museum and a science museum. Since both of them are doctors, they might like the science museum, and I thought they had a great children's area when I was there several years ago.

Glad your DH is doing better!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3