Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cup for a 3 yr old?

What kind of cups do you use for your Toddlers?

I've tried looking at W and Target, and no luck.. maybe I'm looking in the wrong section. But I don't recall them having a separate 'toddler' section.

ughhh I feel like such a do do bird.
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

DD whose 3 uses the small Picardie cups. I think it is 8.25 oz. My DS (19m) has also used the Picardie, but since he still sometimes throws his cup when he is done is mostly in a plastic cup.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh, forgot to mention... Cups for when you are on the "Go" - in car seat, park etc...

I'd prefer something that does not leak, b/c DD is constantly throwing it and tossing it all over the place.

thanks again!
    Thanks for your time!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention... Cups for when you are on the "Go" - in car seat, park etc...

I'd prefer something that does not leak, b/c DD is constantly throwing it and tossing it all over the place.

thanks again!
    So a sippy cup? Or like a thermos/straw cup?
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    So a sippy cup? Or like a thermos/straw cup?

Hmmm, I guess sippy cup, but either is fine. I just don't know what she "should" be drinking from at the age .... and don't want to be buying her a baby cup
    Thanks for your time!

At 3, I'd skip the sippy cups and go to a straw cup or a sports cap on a Klean Kanteen, Sigg, or similar stainless steel "travel cup."

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My 2 & 3 year olds use the Nalgene Tritan Grip-n-Gulp (sippy) or Camlebak Kids Bottles (straw).

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by m4nash View Post
    Nalgene Tritan Grip-n-Gulp (sippy)
    My three year uses the nalgene to for a water cup and the Playtex Lil' Gripper Spoutless Cup for milk or juice on the go. My DS is not ready for a reusable straw cup, he would chew on it and through it if given one. I am also not ready for a straw cup because I don't have a dishwasher and hate cleaning them .
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post

Just got these a few weeks ago (out of town trip took me by an Ikea ) and we love them. DDs (5 and 2.5) are in love with them. I bought the bowls too which are a great size for cereal, ice cream, oatmeal, soup, etc and seem to have just the right angle sides to help DDs get the food on their spoon.

ETA: didn't read all the responses. For "on the go" I used a dripless straw cup. Munchin grip flip, Nuby no spill, or Platex twist n click. They all seem to work about the same.
    Last edited by wendibird22; 06-27-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast