Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Not sure I get the ring sling....

I am not sure if I am wearing this right. It feels good, but I'm nervous he might slip out. I guess he's not enough in a seated position, but how do I sit him...it seems awkward with his feet and everything? Doesn't seem like it would be comfortable. Basically, he's fine when I have my hand there, but I don't get how it could be hands-free ever? Any tips?

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you watched any youtube videos? That's how I was able to figure mine out. How old is your little guy? If he's still pretty young I always made sure that my LO's legs were froggy-ed and the bottom rail was folded under his legs and laid flat against my stomach and the top "rail" was all the way up to his shoulders? If he's older I made sure that my little guys bottom was below his knees so he was in a very seated position and the bottom rail was tucked into his knee pits.

good grief, I'm sure this entire post is about as clear as mud, I'm sorry! Youtube really has been my best friend when baby wearing. I hope you're able to find a way that you feel your LO is secure in the ring sling. For me, a ring sling has been my most used carrier and has had the most longevity out of all in my collection.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A common ring sling mistake is not to have the baby sitting IN the fabric and instead having the fabric just on the outside of the baby. You need to settle their bottom in the center of the width of the fabric and bunch the rest behind the knees (with bum lower than knees so they can't get out) and have it tightened at the rails behind the head/shoulders. When they are in that positoin it is very secure as they are held by fabric and the tightness.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)