Thread: Skip Hop Versa?

Default Skip Hop Versa?

Does anyone have/use the Skip Hop Versa? I'm looking for a diaper bag that doesn't scream diaper bag and I like that it has the pockets of a diaper bag but has the appeal of a purse..

Before I get it, I wanted to know thoughts of those that have used it, thanks!!!
    I'm adopting! I've been matched with a DS due 09/12!!!

I have the versa. I like it. It seems pretty roomy, although I confess I always feel like I'm stuffing it to the brim. To be honest it doesn't get a ton of use these days, only b/c we aren't out and about all that much for more than an hour or so, so it sits a lot in the car. I liked that the diaper part of the bag was separate from the main compartment, and that it had zippers instead of magnetic closures, and all the front pockets...which would be awesome if I could remember where i actually put things.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I LOVE it. I posted a review with photos a while ago. Let me see if I can find the thread.

ETA: Here's the review. I can't believe I've had the bag for over a year and a half and I still love it so much.
    http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ighlight=versa
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

TwoBees, maybe I need a tutorial from you. I got the Versa for Christmas and loved it until the baby came. It was perfect for my stuff and the girls miscellaneous items. And I loved that I could take it to girls' night no problem. Now I'm sort of indifferent. Still really love the way it looks but I'm not loving the way it packs. Or more specifically the way I pack it. I think I am just a disorganized slob (in fact, I know I am!). I feel like it is hard to get to the bottom with the stuff in the pockets and as big as it is, it doesn't hold as much as I feel like it should.

Thanks for the reviews ladies!

Im going to fiddle with them in real life at BBB and I will let you know my final decision!!!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    TwoBees, maybe I need a tutorial from you. I got the Versa for Christmas and loved it until the baby came. It was perfect for my stuff and the girls miscellaneous items. And I loved that I could take it to girls' night no problem. Now I'm sort of indifferent. Still really love the way it looks but I'm not loving the way it packs. Or more specifically the way I pack it. I think I am just a disorganized slob (in fact, I know I am!). I feel like it is hard to get to the bottom with the stuff in the pockets and as big as it is, it doesn't hold as much as I feel like it should.
    Melanie: I didn't get the Versa until DD was about a year old. I had the Studio Tote before that. I'm not sure the Versa would have been sufficient for me during the infant stage. The pockets are a bit too "flat" for bottles, and I'm a chronic overpacker. But for an older infant - toddler and beyond, I think it's perfect. I love it even more now because I have less of DD's stuff to carry and there's more room for my things! LOL.

Here's how I typically pack mine. Remember to expand the center if you need more room. With the back in front of you the way you would carry it (changing pad pocket closest to you):

Changing pad pocket: Changing pad, disposable changing pads, book of 8x11 color wonder paper, sometimes a book/coupons/papers

Back left pocket: diapers (4 or 5)

Back right pocket: wipes

Front left pocket: tissues, boogie wipes, cereal bars, wetnaps, sometimes a spoon or fork

Front right pocket: wallet (large, checkbook length)

Center zipper pocket: cell phone

Left zipper pocket: hot or cold food (2 yogurts or chicken nuggets wrapped in foil. Spoon)

Right zipper pocket: my small personal things case (cosmetics, nail file, etc). 5 color wonder markers

Left and right small front pockets: purse hook, tube of hand lotion, teether, whatever other junk I have thrown in there

Main compartment: change of clothes (place in a gallon ziploc baggie and press all of the air out), roll of diaper disposal bags, drink cup, snack trap, various snack items, tiny (think 3X3 inch) board books, a few small figurines, 2 sippy grips. Sometimes it doesn't all fit though in that center compartment, and I often don't zip the bag closed. It really depends on 1) how much food I need to bring, and 2) how many extra clothes I have to bring.

LOL. Now you know where everything is in case you want to raid my bag!

ETA: Alexa, BBB has a great return policy, so you could take the bag home and see if you could fit all of your stuff in it. Put all of the items you think you would need on the floor, and then see how much you can get in the bag!

ETA2: I just reread my post and HOLY COW I carry a lot of stuff! I think an intervention might be needed.
    Last edited by TwoBees; 07-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Maybe I over pack, but I had the zipper break twice on our Versa. Both times Buy Buy Baby let me exchange it no problems. The second time I learned my lesson and we went with the Bento instead. It's been great. We took the bento containers out and we put diapers and wipes in that spot. I like that I never have to dig for them.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Versa as well, but now my girls are bigger I don't use it anymore (my littlest is 2.5 and we are about to potty train). I just have a couple of diapers and wipes in a purse now.

I have some reviews on my versa somewhere on here. I will see if I can find it. I love it though! I loaded mine a lot like TwoBees did - except I kept my wallet in one of the outer zippered pockets.

Last edited by lhafer; 07-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.

I have heard several times from moms that love the Versa started with the Studio for an infant and then moved to the Versa once the baby was older. I watched some YouTube videos of "what's in my diaper bag" with both the Versa and Studio and I think you ladies make a great point...the Studio is best for a newborn and then move onto the Versa later on!

I love them both so I think I may follow that plan!