Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by opus_00 View Post

I am starting to lean toward a wrap for the hands-free security and even weight distribution (if I can get the hang of tying it correctly), but I'm still a bit concerned that it will end up not getting a lot of use because of how time-consuming it is to put on.
    Honestly, I could get my DD into the wrap in 30 seconds or less after practicing for a bit.

Another good "gateway" woven is the EllaRoo wrap, which is what I learned to use myself.

Quote Originally Posted by opus_00 View Post
    I think I need to look up some of those Youtube videos to get a better idea of how labor-intensive a wrap is going to be for me.
    Here are some favorites from my babywearing group's leaders:

http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/o...onal%20videos/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwwgMqZip-s
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Well, since I'm all about comfort and convenience with this baby (since I'll be out and about constantly with my two older kids), I'm now leaning toward getting a wrap AND a new sling (I still have a couple of my old slings, but they've seen better days and I figure I deserve an upgrade!). I think the Wrapsody Bali Breeze would be best for me in this hot climate. As for a sling, I was almost set on a Maya Wrap, but then came across the Comfy Joey linen slings while researching online. I have never heard of that brand, but the prices aren't bad, and I'm sort of intrigued by the idea of a linen sling.

Thanks so much for all of the advice! I will post back with my thoughts once I've made my purchases and had a chance to try them out.

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Check out the Baby wearers forum online for tons of information on all kinds of options. Good luck!

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The baby carrier world exploded in the past 6 years . I would actually recommend looking at the following:

1. Newborn stage - stretchy wrap like a Moby Wrap and a ring sling (and the ring slings now are soooooo much prettier and nicer than what was around when it was just the NOJO/Over The Shoulder/Mayawrap original - their padded shoulder is awesome!)

2. Once baby is 6ish months old, I really prefer a SSC or mei tai b/c I do almost exclusive back carries (for naps, running errands, etc...). Ergo, Beco, Pikkolo, and Boba are popular SSC options. A wrap can work but I didn't find them nearly as comfortable or easy to use long-term (especially not out of the house though I did use some in the house). Babyhawk is a popular mei tai brand.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2