Thread: Boba 2G vs. 3G?

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Boba 2G vs. 3G?

Has anyone tried both of these carriers with a toddler? I know the technical differences between the two, but am wondering if it's worth the added cost (half again as much!) to get the 3G if I'm using the carrier for an older baby (9 months/20 lbs). I am switching from a Beco Gemini, which I'll probably hang on to for now and loved using with a newborn/young baby, so I don't need that feature of the Boba 3G. Are the others (cinch strap for hood, pockets, shoulder clips for bags) worth the extra cost, or is the 2G going to be fine? We are used to the Gemini with no hood and no pockets, so not sure how much that stuff will matter...thoughts?

Thanks!

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the Boba 2G. To me, the only the reason why I would pay extra for the 3G is if I was going to use it with a newborn. The other features would just be bonuses. That said, the only feature that appeals to me is the built-in pocket. I've only ever used the hood once and I don't think I would ever want to clip a diaper bag to myself/the carrier.

If you're already using a Beco without the bells and whistles, I'm sure you'd be happy saving money getting the 2G.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)