MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default using Moby wrap with big baby

DS is only 7 weeks old, but is 13 lbs and change. I used the wrap with him in the newborn carry with his legs tucked up like a little frog. This worked well until about a week ago, but now he seems really squished in there, and it is hard to bring his leg up to the right position. His head control is relatively good for a 7 week old (better than DD at same age by a bunch), but it is still not great head control IMO.

Is the hug hold appropriate at this age/stage or should I be thinking about something else?

Also, I tried lurking around the babywears forum, but I could not see their board without registering? I do not really want to register with them at this point? Does anyone here know if I have to register to look through their old posts for advice, or I missed something on the site?

Thanks for any advice on wrapping a big baby!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Its been awhile (like 2.5 years) since I have used my moby but I used to fold the fabric in half before making the x below their bottom. That cut down on the bulkiness between their legs. Then I would use the last overlay piece to try and cover his feet and back to keep his legs in the froggy position.

I mostly only used the hug hold with the Moby, never really used much else.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks, mamas. We are doing a very successful first trial of the regular hug hold, feet out. I think he is way more comfy, and I can see us liking this for a long time!

Now, I am comtemplating buying a woven for the hot weather here. So much for no $$ spent on my hand-me-down Moby from a friend.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.