cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default 1 day in Dallas area with 8yo DS --- what to do?

DS and I will be in the DFW area over Labor Day weekend. We have something planned for Saturday, but Sunday is wide open. Just wanted to ask for suggestions that a curious 8 year old might like! Off-the-beaten-path ideas are always appreaciated. :-) We are staying in Arlington near the stadium, due to our Saturday plans. We will probably have a rental car.

Thanks y'all!

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What kinds of things does your DS enjoy?

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

He is my naturally curious child, so most anything goes! He would enjoy anything historical, and likes science and nature too. A nice big park could fill the bill if it had a couple activities to try. I'm steering away from big amusement and water parks due to it being a holiday weekend.

Thanks!

The fort worth zoo is really nice and shaded. W prefer it much more than the Dallas zoo. There is a small train at trinity park in fort worth that might be fun, as well as the stockyards (not sure about Sunday hours). Fort worth also has a museum of science with a grossology exhibit that looks like something right up an 8 year old boy's alley, and a children's museum. Next to that is the cowgirl hall of fame if he's into cowboy/cowgirl type stuff.

Can you tell I'm on the fort worth side of DFW?