Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BB cream

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default BB cream

Anyone use this? I know I'm late to the party here but any feedback would be appreciated. My ears perked up when I read it soothes and calms skin.
    http://www.sephora.com/black-label-d...7#BVRRWidgetID

I dont have this, but I'm going to buy it soon. I use the Boscia bb cream now--I like it a lot, but I the label says it only contains titanium dioxide for the sunscreen.

The black label dr. Jart contains zinc oxide as well for broad spectrum protection. The good thing about sephora is that you can return the products if they don't work well for you. I also like it doesn't contain parabens and other yucky chemicals.

edit: just did some research. the Boscia bb cream does have broad spectrum protection. It uses iron oxides to protect against UVA rays.
    Last edited by stinkyfeet; 08-06-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm intrigued. Please post back if you try it. Bare Minerals has been working great for me, but it still feels like makeup caked on my face to me, and it rubs off easily (I have to be really careful not to rub my nose, or brush my face against clothing, for example). I have lots of broken capillaries (and I mean LOTS) so it takes a couple of layers of BM to cover.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tried the smashbox one:
    http://www.sephora.com/camera-ready-...spf-35-P300339

I liked it at first but then returned it as it made me break out terribly.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

I have been using the Boscia BB cream for a few weeks now and I really like it. I was hesitant to try it because my skin is sensitive, but it is nice and light for these really humid summer days.
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Bumping becaues I was at Sephora today and tried this. The texture is really lovely and it really does look and feel like no makeup on and it did an awesome job covering up my spider veins. I am not getting the "matches all skin types" thing though - I felt like it was a TAD too light for my light/medium skin even after I let it "oxidize" for several minutes (though - I have tanned a lot this summer). But it's just a tiny bit too light - would definitely work great for winter. I came home with a sample so I can try it out in natural light.

eta: the lady at sephora told me this was NOT meant to be a replacement for foundation (??) and that it functioned more like a serum or primer that you then put foundation on top of. I didn't quite understand why you would want to put more foundation on top of something that already had the consistency of foundation... She also said that Smashbox makes a BB cream in different shades to act as serum/primer/foundation all-in-one. Maybe I need to try that one.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 08-02-2012 at 05:31 PM.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm interested to hear people's reviews. I don't normally wear foundation (just concealer when I wear makeup), but would love something that is a treatment, sunscreen, and light color/evening out effect. However, I can only use physical sunscreens. That rules out the Garnier and Loreal drugstore brands. I bought the Maybelline one b/c it only had titanium dioxide, but haven't used it yet. I read that it's essentially a tinted moisturizer.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I tried one made by Too Faced and didn't care for it. It was very shimmery and made my skin look greasy. I returned it and got Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer instead. It has a similar amount of coverage without all the shimmer.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I tried the Dr. Jartt one and I think it made me look 10 years older.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I tried the Dr. Jartt one and I think it made me look 10 years older.
    Really? What is your skin type? Did it improve your skin even wo/ the makeup?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast