Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB cream

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I'm interested to hear people's reviews. I don't normally wear foundation (just concealer when I wear makeup), but would love something that is a treatment, sunscreen, and light color/evening out effect. However, I can only use physical sunscreens. That rules out the Garnier and Loreal drugstore brands. I bought the Maybelline one b/c it only had titanium dioxide, but haven't used it yet. I read that it's essentially a tinted moisturizer.
    Not a treatment, but I really like the Tarte tinted moisturizer. It has a physical sunblock and feels really nice! It's pricey, though.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    Not a treatment, but I really like the Tarte tinted moisturizer. It has a physical sunblock and feels really nice! It's pricey, though.
    That's what I use...have been for years. Highly recommend.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    Thanks! I've heard good things about this too. Would you consider it med or light coverage?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Light to medium, I think... It's better when I use a foundation brush to apply it (I use a Philosophy one called airbrush or something like that).

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm interested to hear people's reviews. I don't normally wear foundation (just concealer when I wear makeup), but would love something that is a treatment, sunscreen, and light color/evening out effect. However, I can only use physical sunscreens. That rules out the Garnier and Loreal drugstore brands. I bought the Maybelline one b/c it only had titanium dioxide, but haven't used it yet. I read that it's essentially a tinted moisturizer.
    I bought a Maybelline BB Cream in Asia, and I like wearing it in Asia. I have not tried wearing it in the US yet.

I found Tarte tinted moisturizer to be too light in coverage. I like the Tarte foundation better.
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

I'll have to try it out next time I'm at Ulta or Sephora. I'm sure the colors are nice and neutral. I hate spending a lot of $$ on makeup, but if it's really good and lasts a long time...
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Really? What is your skin type? Did it improve your skin even wo/ the makeup?
    Light combination skin. It felt like a thick concealer. Maybe I put too much on? But it's a sunscreen, so you don't want too light a hand.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another tarte tinted moisturizer fan here! I did get a sample of the Dr. Jart BB, and really loved it, but it is just too light for my skin. The Sephora rep convinced me to buy a Dior BB instead for a better match. Still, I like the Tarte better, but would really like the higher SPF since my skin seems to absorb the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by stefani View Post
    I bought a Maybelline BB Cream in Asia, and I like wearing it in Asia. I have not tried wearing it in the US yet.

I found Tarte tinted moisturizer to be too light in coverage. I like the Tarte foundation better.
    I think it's prob different, but if you do try the
    US version, you'll have to report on how they compare. I don't think the
    US one is a true BB cream.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So can someone explain to me what a "true" BB cream is? The lady at the sephora said that Dr Jart isn't a true BB cream - it is used to provide coverage for imperfections and as a serum/primer for improving the texture of the skin...but it's not mean to act as a foundation...so since it doesn't do the whole "oxidizing to match different skin tones" thing, is that what makes it not a true BB cream?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast