Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB cream

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Idk, in my mind, it means some sort of beneficial treatment properties, sunscreen protection, and light, evening out effect. I thought coverage was supposed to be lighter than a foundation.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ive been wanting to try BB cream for awhile, then forgot all about it, so thanks for the reminder.

An awesome tinted moisturizer is the Josie Maran one. I think it is especially great for normal and dry skin types. It is very creamy and buttery, and has in my opinion a much richer coverage than most tinted moisturizers. I have used Tarte in the past and I liked it very much, but the JM one gives me more of a glow so I went back to JM.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've tried the JM, and liked it also. I agree though, it is better for normal to dry skin. Switched back to Tarte because it was better on my oily skin.

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Skin 79 BB Cream

I just got this popular Korean brand BB cream called Skin 79 from Amazon for $13.73 from a third party retailer, Emma's Cosmetics. They ship from CA, some retailers ship from Korea. I'm in CA and I received mine in 2 days.

http://www.amazon.com/SKIN79-Super-B...ywords=skin+79

This is my first time using a BB cream and wow, I'm so impressed. Such great coverage yet feels very lightweight on my skin, perhaps because it's an all in one product I don't have to layer moisturizer, foundation, concealer, etc. A little goes a long way, it doesn't feel oily or dry (I have combination skin). I put a thin layer on all over and it does a pretty good job of covering my freckles. Then I put on a second layer over my dark under-eye circles so I don't have to use a separate concealer. This makes getting ready in the morning so quick.

I haven't tried any other BB creams so don't know how they compare but wanted to recommend this as it's an inexpensive way to try out a BB cream.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

Quote Originally Posted by mypa View Post
    I just got this popular Korean brand BB cream called Skin 79 from Amazon for $13.73 from a third party retailer, Emma's Cosmetics. They ship from CA, some retailers ship from Korea. I'm in CA and I received mine in 2 days.

http://www.amazon.com/SKIN79-Super-B...ywords=skin+79

This is my first time using a BB cream and wow, I'm so impressed. Such great coverage yet feels very lightweight on my skin, perhaps because it's an all in one product I don't have to layer moisturizer, foundation, concealer, etc. A little goes a long way, it doesn't feel oily or dry (I have combination skin). I put a thin layer on all over and it does a pretty good job of covering my freckles. Then I put on a second layer over my dark under-eye circles so I don't have to use a separate concealer. This makes getting ready in the morning so quick.

I haven't tried any other BB creams so don't know how they compare but wanted to recommend this as it's an inexpensive way to try out a BB cream.
    I use this one as well. Feels very light and does not make my face oily, which is key. There are BB creams with more coverage out there, but obviously they will be thicker too. I've tried a few and this one feels the lightest on my skin but also provides less coverage than others, which I prefer, so this is my BB cream of choice. I ordered from Pink Gelee and shipping in CA was super fast. They even included a couple of sample packets and a thank you note. This is a true BB cream from a well-known Korean brand, and you really can't beat the price. Two thumbs up.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Sounds like a good rec! I did try out the Maybelline, and it was fine. Lighter, I'd say than tinted moisturizer.

Eta: i can't tell from the amazon listing what the sunscreen ingred are
    Last edited by DrSally; 08-06-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use Stila BB Cream and love it. I believe it comes in different shades. I use their compressed powder on top to set it. The SA in Ulta was wearing it and recomended it. She of course looked great.

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Here's a link to a youtube video that might be helpful. She has several.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuQO...feature=fvwrel

or
    www.frmheadtotoe.com

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kcimato View Post

or
    www.frmheadtotoe.com
    Love her!!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kcimato View Post

or
    www.frmheadtotoe.com
    She's adorable. Does anyone think that the BB cream she's wearing is still too light for her? Her face looks lighter than her neck and hairline to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast