Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: BB cream

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    She's adorable. Does anyone think that the BB cream she's wearing is still too light for her? Her face looks lighter than her neck and hairline to me.
    I have similar coloring as her (I'm also Korean). My body is more tanned and has more yellow undertone but my face is more fair and light. My head and body coloring totally does not match, perhaps it's due to the higher cell turn over of the face or the fact that I use sunscreen on my face everyday but not my body. It does look kinda of funny/odd so during the summer when my body tans quite a bit, I use a bronzer on my face to blend better with the rest of my body.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

tny915 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mypa View Post
    I just got this popular Korean brand BB cream called Skin 79 from Amazon for $13.73 from a third party retailer, Emma's Cosmetics. They ship from CA, some retailers ship from Korea. I'm in CA and I received mine in 2 days.

http://www.amazon.com/SKIN79-Super-B...ywords=skin+79

This is my first time using a BB cream and wow, I'm so impressed. Such great coverage yet feels very lightweight on my skin, perhaps because it's an all in one product I don't have to layer moisturizer, foundation, concealer, etc. A little goes a long way, it doesn't feel oily or dry (I have combination skin). I put a thin layer on all over and it does a pretty good job of covering my freckles. Then I put on a second layer over my dark under-eye circles so I don't have to use a separate concealer. This makes getting ready in the morning so quick.

I haven't tried any other BB creams so don't know how they compare but wanted to recommend this as it's an inexpensive way to try out a BB cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by rolypoly27 View Post
    I use this one as well. Feels very light and does not make my face oily, which is key. There are BB creams with more coverage out there, but obviously they will be thicker too. I've tried a few and this one feels the lightest on my skin but also provides less coverage than others, which I prefer, so this is my BB cream of choice. I ordered from Pink Gelee and shipping in CA was super fast. They even included a couple of sample packets and a thank you note. This is a true BB cream from a well-known Korean brand, and you really can't beat the price. Two thumbs up.
    Thank you both for the recommendation. I've always been curious about BB creams. I've been using this one just over a week and love it! It evens out my skintone beautifully, and hides the splotchy skin around my nose. I use a mineral makeup over it for better coverage, but I would be fine with just the BB cream on weekends.
    DD1 2003
    DD2 2008

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm bumping this because I had to travel for work this past week and tried out my sample of Dr Jart black label UNDER my normal BM makeup - and it is AWESOME for that! It provided a lot of the coverage I needed for my spider veins, and applying just a small amount of BM on top fixed the color issue. Stayed put all day and still looked great late at night at the end of the day (I did use one oil blotting sheet in the middle of the day but that's it) - it really did make my skin look smoother than with BM alone.

But it makes me want to try to find a BB cream with that kind of coverage AND that comes in the right shade. I like the way BM looks on my skin (and especially like it on top of Dr Jart) but every time I wear BM, my eyes are totally watering by the end of the day. It's almost as if the powder irritates my eyes.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just got this popular Korean brand BB cream called Skin 79 from Amazon for $13.73 from a third party retailer, Emma's Cosmetics. They ship from CA, some retailers ship from Korea. I'm in CA and I received mine in 2 days.

This is my first time using a BB cream and wow, I'm so impressed. Such great coverage yet feels very lightweight on my skin, perhaps because it's an all in one product I don't have to layer moisturizer, foundation, concealer, etc. A little goes a long way, it doesn't feel oily or dry (I have combination skin). I put a thin layer on all over and it does a pretty good job of covering my freckles. Then I put on a second layer over my dark under-eye circles so I don't have to use a separate concealer. This makes getting ready in the morning so quick.

I haven't tried any other BB creams so don't know how they compare but wanted to recommend this as it's an inexpensive way to try out a BB cream.
    This just arrived late this afternoon and of course I had to put it on immediately. It feels great. I can't wait to see how it wears on my face. I think I may need to get an under eye concealer with it though.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I want to try this. i'm Korean with combo skin. BUt, can somone tell me what the sunscreen ingred are? I can only do physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Also, did you guys get the pink or gold bottle?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I want to try this. i'm Korean with combo skin. BUt, can somone tell me what the sunscreen ingred are? I can only do physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Also, did you guys get the pink or gold bottle?
    I got the pink bottle and it has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide listed in the ingredients.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanaid View Post
    I got the pink bottle and it has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide listed in the ingredients.
    thanks so much. Is there a seller you are ordering from?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Just ordered fro Seoulglamour, which gets good reciews. Excited to try it. Might also try the gold later, as
    I do like a dewy look.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

I ordered from SeoulGlamor too. It only took about a week to get here.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

thanks!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4