Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Getting more than one kid ready and out the door on your own is really hard. Thankfully, you don't have to do it all the time! I so would have yelled if DS1 had kicked me in the face. It's ok to yell some of the time. I know you try your best not to, but that's an understandable exception IMO.

On the days when DH is working in the city, it is a mad rush getting out of the house for us. We do have to start earlier, but DS1 really resists it. I am so lucky that DH works from home now most days. I usually get DS2 ready and do his drop off, but DH does everything with DS1.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, DS2 survived and he gave me a great big hug when I picked him up. Thankfully, today was a much better morning! Even caught an earlier train!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Well, DS2 survived and he gave me a great big hug when I picked him up. Thankfully, today was a much better morning! Even caught an earlier train!
    I am very happy to hear that!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Only now just seeing this A! I am so sorry! But happy to hear DS2 came around by pick up. It is so hard to do it all yourself, and I can't even imagine the morning craziness on a daily basis. I hope it gets easier! I had my own guilty episode after DD melted down as I was leaving for a work trip, so I can relate to a degree. Hugs!
    DD
    DS

I'm sorry that I didn't see this before! You never know what the kids will throw at you in the morning and when you don't have any wiggle room...well, you can bet that it will be a doozy! I'm so sorry I'm glad to hear that DS2 was happier upon pickup and I hope that you've recovered as well We have days like that here too. They suck. We get through them...somehow. I can't imagine juggling all that with two little guys!
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

*hugs* *shots*

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No advice but totally feel your pain...when you HAVE to get to that meeting, sometimes it means physically wrangling into car seats and then tossing crying, screaming kids off at daycare and that just TOTALLY SUCKS. I've had many mornings when I got to my desk at work in the nick of time for a meeting, did the meeting, then cried in my office.

Had an ok morning today too! It definitely helps when both DH and I are around. For some reason, they become all whiney and babyish when they are just with me. twowhat, I can so relate to what you are saying. That is how I felt that day. I was just a complete and utter mess, but it's Thursday - week is almost over!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by scriptkitten View Post
    *hugs* *shots*
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So glad today was better.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast