gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default This is not the way to nurture new friendships!

I had plans to hit a shoe sale at a really cool shoe store yesterday. WE made these plans weeks ago with the approval of DH. Well, the day before he said he suddenly needed to go to a meeting out of town. We do have a full time nanny for my youngest 2 kids but I always promised not to leave the older 2 with her. That's not fair to her since we aren't paying for her to watch more than 2 kids at a time. With DH out of town, I couldn't leave the older 2 with the nanny so I didn't meet this new friend for lunch and shoes. major bummer.

Then today, another new friend was suppose to come over with her daughter for a playdate. She called ahead to say her daughter has a cold. Well, normally I wouldn't care and would say to come over anyway. But DH has a depressed immune system due to some medication he's on. And normally, even then, I'd say come on over because DH could pick up a cold anywhere. But he's leaving to fly to Australia on Sunday and he'll be on a flight every.single.day.he's. there. First day in Melbourne, second day in Perth, third day in Brisbane and so on. So, if I can avoid having a cold in the house, I"ll certainly do all I can. So, I canceled our playdate today too. The mother was understanding, thank goodness, but me and the kids are bummed.

Oh, well. nextime.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hope you are able to keep your plans next time!

Catherine

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Hopefully next time things will work out.

And that is a crappola load of flying in Australia. So in effect he's flying 14 hours to get to Sydney, then 90 mins to get to Melbourne then 4 hours to get to Perth then 4.5 hours to get to Brisbane. Plus all the time at the airport - their security lines aren't as long, but I sure wouldn't want his schedule!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Hopefully next time things will work out.

And that is a crappola load of flying in Australia. So in effect he's flying 14 hours to get to Sydney, then 90 mins to get to Melbourne then 4 hours to get to Perth then 4.5 hours to get to Brisbane. Plus all the time at the airport - their security lines aren't as long, but I sure wouldn't want his schedule!
    Except it will be even longer to get to Sydney because we live in Wisconsin! Yep, he'll be in a new city every day. He's not thrilled about it but we do a ton of business in Australia and this is our best customer setting up the schedule. So, DH is kind of at the mercy of his customer. Hopefully it will be a very productive trip!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What a bummer! Could you offer to pay your nanny extra to watch all 4 kids? If that is an option maybe you can reschedule the lunch date with your friend.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Except it will be even longer to get to Sydney because we live in Wisconsin! Yep, he'll be in a new city every day. He's not thrilled about it but we do a ton of business in Australia and this is our best customer setting up the schedule. So, DH is kind of at the mercy of his customer. Hopefully it will be a very productive trip!
    Oh yeah, it's 14 hours from LA. I hope he travels well. Flights get in early in the morning and I'm normally exhausted as didn't sleep on the plane and have to get through entire day before can sleep to get on that time zone. DS of course adjusts immediately and doesn't have jet lag!

Here's hoping for an easy trip and no colds.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I hope things work out next time. Things like that put me in a bad mood, b/c my chances for grown up socializing are so few and far between. So, i know how you feel.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard