lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Chicco Polly High Chair Recall - DOM prior to Oct. 2010

FYI if you have a Chicco Polly high chair that was manufactured prior to October 13, 2010:

http://www.chiccousa.com/safety-reca...highchair.aspx

This recall involves a range of Chicco Polly highchairs with pegs on the back legs intended for tray storage manufactured prior to October 13, 2010. The highchairs have a folding frame for storage and a reclining seat. The model number and date code can be found on a label which is on the underside of the seat close to the footrest. Affected model numbers are listed [on the page linked above.]

Incidents/Injuries

Children can fall on or against the pegs on the rear legs of the highchair, resulting in a bruising or laceration injury. The firm is aware of 21 reports of incidents in which a child fell against the peg and received injuries, including four laceration injuries requiring medical closure (stitches, tape or glue) and one scratched cornea.

Sold Through

Retail stores including Babies R Us, Burlington Coat Factory, Buy Buy Baby, Shopko and Toys R Us, as well as online outlets including Albeebaby.com, Amazon.com, Babyage.com, Babysupermart.com, Diapers.com and Target.com for between $100 and $150. About 455,000 affected chairs were sold from 2005 through July 2012.
    The only reason I'm posting is because our chair was affected & the peg covers are now on their way.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for posting! We have that chair, too.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks. We have it. Haven't used it for over a year but would like to be able to sell on CL. Will have to get the covers.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Do the covers not allow for the tray to be stored behind the highchair anymore? Boo!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Skeeter View Post
    Do the covers not allow for the tray to be stored behind the highchair anymore? Boo!
    That is correct. I just received the pieces. They cover over the entire peg. Thankfully I'm done with the high chair. I only got the pieces for resale purposes. Personally if I was still using the chair I'd skip it. I loved storing the tray and used this with both kids and never had a problem with them getting even a scratch from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.